1) Supports the Executive Director for Compliance and Internal Audit in fulfilling all Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Compliance, and Internal Audit responsibilities. 2) Assists in the development and maintenance of ERM and Compliance methodology and process, including ERM and Compliance program documentation, tools and templates. 3) Operationalizes the ERM and Compliance processes and functions and apply standard processes, methodologies, tools and templates to identify, assess, analyze, and prioritize enterprise risks. 4) Supports Integrated ERM and Compliance Committee meetings by scheduling meetings, providing logistical support, developing agendas, preparing minutes and providing materials to support discussions. 5) Maintains a current understanding of regulatory trends and changes in compliance and regulatory guidelines that affect the University by monitoring various resources to assess regulatory changes and determine organizational impact and risk; creates and refines tools to monitor risks and compliance obligations. 6) Develops and deploys program for monitoring compliance and risk in various areas in a decentralized operating environment. 7) Convenes and coordinates working groups for focused analysis and development of risk management/remediation plans. 8) Conducts follow-up procedures to assess remediation of any issues identified; assists in the development of remediation action plans. 9) Assists with providing policy and training guidance to individuals and departments including commenting on and drafting policies and training materials. 10) Assists with the development of dashboards, presentations, reporting templates, data-driven heat maps, written reports, or other deliverables to be presented to senior leadership and the Audit Committee; identifies and analyzes data in support of the same. 11) Assists in Internal Audit activities including work plan developing, planning activities, scope memo review, and draft report review. 12) Assists with management of the Compliance Hotline and compliance inquiries received through other channels, including ensuring appropriate follow-up to issues. 13) Promotes the identity and services of the ERM, Compliance, and Internal Audit functions.
1) Ability to recognize risk issues in complex environment. 2) Effective written and oral communication skills. 3) Project management experience. 4) Mathematical and analytical ability. 5) General understanding of higher education and healthcare compliance and regulatory environment. 6) Demonstrated enthusiasm and motivation, with the capacity to learn to build on skills. 7) Able to maintain confidential information. 8) Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships and work with various levels of leadership within the organization.
1) JD, MBA or similar degree
2) CCEP certification,
1) Knowledge and experience in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and similar office programs. 2) Prior experience supporting an ERM, Risk Management, Compliance, or Internal Audit program. 3) Higher education experience.
1) Resume 2) Cover Letter 3) Reference list
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05239
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.