The General Services department is seeking a qualified Capital Projects Coordinator - Senior with advanced level experience managing county facilities improvement projects including new construction renovation, space utilization, and capital improvement planning.
The Ideal Candidate is:
An analytical/strategic thinker and creative problem solver that is organizationally and politically astute
Knowledgeable in construction management, design, building systems, real estate development, fiscal management, and project scheduling
A superb communicator with strong customer service skills Collaborative and team-oriented
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit the County of Solano website, www.jobsatsolanocounty.com, to apply.The deadline to submit application and required documents is July 1, 2019 by 5:00 PM.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college with a major in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Real Estate, Business Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field; AND
EXPERIENCE: Four years of full-time paid experience in an architectural, engineering, real estate project management/development, or managing construction projects with responsibility for cost recommendations, contract administration and quality control.
About Solano County
Our mission is to serve the people and to provide a safe and healthy place to live, learn, work and play.
We serve the public in many different ways, including:
• Providing primary medical, dental, alcohol, drug and mental health services to residents, including the uninsured, low-income, and medically underserved
• Providing law enforcement services in the unincorporated area of the county
• Protecting the community from public health threats such as communicable diseases
• Coordinating countywide responses to domestic violence and terrorism or other emergencies
• Managing the criminal justice process after arrest (jail, prosecution, probation)
• Supporting other local governments through efficient property tax collection as mandated by the State, County and local jurisdictions; and,
• Administration and enforcement of Federal, State, and Local laws and policies pertaining to environmental health, building construction, and land use planning
OUR EMPLOYEES: Our diverse workforce is committed to fulfilling this mission and does so by exemplifying our IDEAL Core Values, engaging in our day to day work of serving the public with Integrity, Dignity, Excellence, Accountability, and Leadership.