Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
- This role is for a Business Analyst with 8+ years of experience to be part of an agile squad. The finance technology innovation program is responsible for designing end to end solutions & implementing process re-engineering effort as well as moving other innovative strategic initiatives forward. This role will involve coordinating with technology managers, developers both internal and vendor based as well as internal clients. Ensuring project risk/issues are identified and mitigated aggressively as well as working within a global team effectively is key to this role. The ideal candidate is proactive, diligent, and thrives in an environment of change. Familiarity with subledger accounting, general ledger, balance sheet, financial reporting, and/or regulatory reporting is desired.
- Hands on development responsibilities include ETL and SQL development including store procs, wither standalone or as part of collaborative solutions developed by the feature squad.
- There will be scrum master and project management responsibilities for tracking the squads work and providing team and management reporting.
- Expert overseeing implementation of blended solutions using various technologies/platforms both internal & external
- Effective at communicating with a wide range of stakeholders across multiple streams
- Provide progress updates & reporting to management
- Experience with large Full Life Cycle (FLC) project implementations
- Expert understanding of financial markets with emphasis on accounting and regulations (CFA, CPA or equivalent preferred)
- Strong Process Reengineering (5+ years)
- ETL & SQL development (3+ years)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Creation and maintenance of appropriate documentation to support the delivery of the service or project
- Strong written and oral communication
- Creative thinking, intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent client facing skills
- A good team player, able to demonstrate integrity and ownership
- Able to maintain composure and professionalism in a fast-paced, busy environment
- Project Management Experience
- Scrum master experience
- Experience working within an Agile environment and with Agile tools
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal Number: 5874375
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.