Manages and coordinates the activities of a designated project with a specific timeframe and funding amount to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within specified time frame and funding parameters.
Manages the project to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
Coordinates project activities; assigns tasks and provides guidance to personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of the project.
Confers with staff to explain project and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of the project.
May prepare or participate in the preparation of abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation as required.
Reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is made toward specified program objectives.
Manages and administers grants for project, including the coordination of meetings, communications, sholarships and other operations.
Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures concerning project administration.
Prepares project reports and controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations.
Performs other job-related as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information:
- Part of a three person Volunteer Programs team in Strategic Initiatives within the UH Advancement Division focused on university wide executive level boards/constituents;
- Serves as a strategic partners and interested in developing/growing a volunteer culture;
- Primarily supports the Campaign-focused and fundraising volunteer efforts;
- Ability to multi-task and simultaneously manage both simple and complex projects including developing and executing meeting timelines, connecting and weaving together different stakeholders, interfacing with vendors as needed and understanding the larger priorities;
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal formats to a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Comfortable supervising a project's team which may include peers, staff member(s), intern(s) or volunteer(s);
- Serve as an ambassador at team/division functions.
Please include samples from projects, presentations, and or policy and procedures yo u may have written.
Internal Number: STA004562
About University of Houston
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston. Each year, we educate more than 40,750 students in more than 300 undergraduate and graduate academic programs, on campus and online. UH awards more than 8,000 degrees annually, with more than 200,000 alumni. UH is a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university.