The Washington Times is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and resourceful individual to join our social media team. As part of our fast-paced newsroom, the Media Coordinator will play a leading role in media outreach and promotion of news content on both traditional media and social media platforms. This position requires a great deal of external and internal communication, attention to detail and strong organizational skills. The Media Coordinator will work with the Social Media Editor to craft compelling social posts and track results.
Identify opportunities to promote Washington Times content to a wide variety of audiences and outlets
Work with reporters and columnists to craft strategies for increasing awareness and engagement
Follow through on media outreach from initial pitch to post-promotion
Craft compelling social posts across Washington Times branded social media platforms
Three to five years of relevant work experience with a minimum of 2-3 years in a news environment.
Bachelors Degree required; Excellent written and verbal communication skills with Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work under deadlines
Demonstrated skills in media booking
Basic understanding of social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Google Analytics, CrowdTangle and other analytic tools.
Experience working in newsrooms & promoting news content, with an understanding of the media news cycle.
Additional Salary Information: The Washington Times offers a competitive base salary and commission, as well as, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance, and a generous paid time off program, matching 401(k) plan, and free on-site parking! If you have a huge drive to succeed, outstanding work ethic, integrity, a proven professional with excellent communication skills who is ready to take the lead, apply TODAY!
About The Washington Times
THE WASHINGTON TIMES CAREERS…… Get to know who we are from the inside out starting from our history, culture and the people behind our stories. Come work for The Washington Times and make the world part of your day.
Established in 1982, The Washington Times is a well-known and respected name in Washington, D.C., with an increasingly recognizable media brand across America and around the world. Our credible reputation, built from a combination of our hard-hitting news and fearless journalism, has allowed our organization to grow and prosper at a time when much of the newspaper industry has seen massive declines.
Our company vision is ….
• The Washington Times will be the most distinctive consumed and respected source of news and ideas on the issues that shape our world.
Our company mission is….
• To inform and engage Washington, the nation, and the world on the important political, national security, and cultural issues of the day.
• Our in-depth coverage and analysis brings unique value to our consumers, advertisers, and the community which assures our profitability and growth.
Our company values are….
• Principled – Aligned with first principles of Freedom, Fa...ith, Family, Service and Participation
• Integrity – Maintaining the highest ethical standards and always doing what’s right
• Customer-focused – Letting what’s best for our readers and advertisers inform our thinking
• Innovation – Constantly looking for better ways to do things
• Collaboration – Working as a partner internally and externally
• Excellence – Adhering to the highest possible standard in all we do
• Accountability – Being responsible for decisions, actions and results
BACK TO TOP
MPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MPA Career Center.