The selected candidate will work within a collaborative environment, receiving day-to-day
guidance from the Assistant Director of Content Strategy, and working alongside a small team of
digital content creators and recruitment staff. The team reports to the Assistant Vice President of
We are seeking a content producer with a strategic mindset who leverages data and insight to
understand big-picture goals. This position will be primarily responsible for written content and
photography for websites and marketing campaigns, analytic assessment to guide strategic
direction, and managing editorial calendars.
The digital content producer will work with faculty, staff and students across the Division and
the University, to thoroughly understand content needs and direction, identify storytelling
opportunities and convert those opportunities into content that resonates with target publics.
The digital content producer will also support the student worker team, providing constructive
feedback and guidance to these digital content contributors.
The selected candidate will be flexible, creative and forward-thinking, who thrives working in a
fast-paced team environment and has a growth mindset.
● Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent education
● A minimum of one year of experience in content development, preferably with an
emphasis on writing and editing content, as well as managing editorial calendars
● Basic photography experience, including editing with Adobe products
● Experience advising the professional growth of student workers and/or interns
● Experience with layout and design
● Experience with interacting with end users and project clients
● Ability to work independently and as a part of a larger team
● Deadline oriented and works well in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Some video experience, including storyboarding, shooting and editing
● Experience with producing content within a higher education environment
● Experience with a CMS such as Cascade
● Experience with WordPress
● Some experience with Google Analytics
● Some experience with SEO
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter highlighting relevant education and
experience, a resume, a link to an online portfolio that includes at least three writing samples and
three photography samples, and the names and contact information for three references.
Internal Number: 493699
About Rowan University
A leading public institution, Rowan University combines liberal education with professional preparation from the baccalaureate through the doctorate. Rowan provides a collaborative, learning-centered environment in which highly qualified and diverse faculty, staff, and students integrate teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, and community service. Through intellectual, social and cultural contributions, the University enriches the lives of those in the campus community and surrounding region.