As a key contributor within TMF's newly created Consultancy Solutions (CS) operation, the Manager will support numerous engagement projects that are the backbone of the global advisory and consulting services delivered to TMF clients. In particular, a specific focus of the CS group will be on US headquartered companies that are undertaking international growth and expansion outside the US, and are looking to streamline the number of different service providers helping them achieve their objectives and requirements.
CS will provide global consulting and project management services across different technical areas, as required, including Market Entry, Human Resources, Tax & Compliance, Global Mobility, Global Governance, Transactional Support, and Special Projects. Recognizing the global breadth and depth of existing technical knowledge within the TMF global network, CS will most often leverage this local expertise to provide cohesive advisory solutions for TMF prospects and clients. In a minority of instances, where the required technical knowledge or support is not resident within the TMF network, CS will also work with third-party advisors to deliver the required solutions.
All CS personnel will not only promote and leverage the existing suite of technical services available within the TMF network, but will themselves generate significant consulting revenue, with chargeable resources helping to deliver the services on each CS project. The Manager will be responsible for a delivery component of the projects offered and accepted, and has a realized billable hours target of 25-30 hours per week, primarily by providing project support, and supporting the coordination of others involved in the delivery of this work.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
● Support the Directors and Executives who are leading the delivery of CS projects, as needed.
● Provide managerial assistance to the Associates employed in the CS practice.
● Assist with ensuring the on time, accurate and complete delivery of all CS solutions sold, while at the same time attaining the chargeable utilization target.
● Contribute to the efforts needed to scope, price, deliver, and invoice each CS engagement, working with local TMF partners, or third parties as necessary.
● Work with the CS team to draft proposals and engagement letters for approval
● Develop methodologies, tools and techniques for use by the CS team on future engagements
● Assist in CRM maintenance and reporting so that all CS related deals are being tracked, recorded and in line with deal status
● Work simultaneously with other business units to ensure complete collaboration and cooperation across the CS service line.
Vision and Values Understands, supports and is a role model for the Company's vision, mission and values.
Client focused Understands, identifies, and anticipates potential client issues, while being sensitive to the fact that in our business "a client's perception is reality".
Passionate about doing their part to ensure the effective delivery of agreed solutions. Effectively communicates client feedback to all team members.
Is an articulate, informed and persuasive communicator.
Displays diplomacy and discretion in communicating with others.
Monitors audience understanding and reaction, and modifies presentation method and content accordingly.
Leads and adapts to change.
Proactively identifies potential obstacles to changes. Seeks opinions, ideas and suggestions from others.
Develops strategies to overcome obstacles.
Demonstrates the advantages to others through actions as well as words and ensures support for change initiatives.
Champions new and better ways of operating; creates an environment that fosters a reasonable level of risk taking.
Management, team work and development
Takes initiative in helping others understand the value of working as a team.
Shares information and best practices.
Takes a collaborative approach. Easily approachable and not afraid to give constructive feedback, state their opinions or assist others.
Problem Solving Analyzes problems by recognizing component parts of a situation.
Attempts to anticipate obstacles and think ahead. Understands the facts by asking relevant questions, before making a decision. Commits to a course of action within the necessary time frame.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
● Bachelor's Degree (BS or BA), Business Administration or equivalent, with a
concentration in Accounting or International Business.
● Strong English language written and verbal skills, with proficiency in a second foreign language a plus.
● Ability to communicate effectively with senior personnel, both internally, and with existing and prospective clients.
● Three to five years work experience, including employment within or advising on international operations, or in another cross-border capacity (for example in the Global Mobility or International Assignment Services group of a Big 4 or other global accounting firm).
● Experience working in an advisory practice, delivering consultancy services, and meeting billable time and revenue targets.
● Project management responsibilities a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
● Demonstrated success as a team player.
● Dependable, consistent performer, with a positive attitude, and an ability to listen and work collaboratively across an organization.
● Organized and detail oriented.
● Self-motivated, results oriented, and driven with the ability to meet deadlines.
● High personal standards and integrity.
● Candidate must be open to the opportunity for periodic travel, including internationally.
● Knowledge and interest in global trends, and an ability to translate these into potential impacts on clients -for example, nowadays, the Brexit negotiations.
Internal Number: 5849092
About TMF Group
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.