HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
The Case Management Sr. Manager of Reporting is primarily responsible for producing HCA's enterprise reports within the Case Management Department. The Sr. Manager of Reporting will work as a member of a cross functional team with various groups inside and outside the Case Management Department to prepare and deliver reports to support the business objectives. The Sr. Manager will work with Case Management Leadership and Directors to help identify opportunities and develop strategies to improve outcomes.
The Sr. Manager of Reporting must be comfortable working with all levels of management. As an essential element to the overall success of HCA's Case Management Program, the Sr. Manager must consistently demonstrate a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence with the ability to function independently in a rapidly changing environment.
· 5+ years of experience in report development and analyzing data across multiple systems
· Minimum of 5+ years relevant work experience required, preferably with HCA
· Proficient with Teradata SQL Assistant, Tableau, and SQL coding
· Financially oriented ability to reconcile data across various systems and understand valid reasons for differences
· Detail oriented but can also see big picture
· Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
· Possess skills in generating & executing QA test plans and documenting results
· Demonstrated expertise in healthcare report development
· Significant experience with participating in initiatives with proven performance in meeting productivity, financial, and client satisfaction goals on deadline
· Knowledge of case management and utilization review preferred
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats
· Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with a focus on the importance of teamwork
· Demonstrates skills including strategic and critical thinking, problem resolution, proactive decision making, consensus building, and effective resource utilization
· Bachelor's degree required
· Build and analyze data utilizing various Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Qlikview or BOBJ to be distributed to facility and corporate leadership
· Participate in analyzing and interpreting data to identify performance opportunities
· Develop an overall understanding of the end to end process from source systems to end user analytic and reporting tools
· Responsible for working with the business users, solution architects and development leads to define and implement overall Case Management universe and Case Management analytics application level architecture
· Act as a Case Management universe and Case Management analytics application(s) functional expert; provide expertise in the business processes supported by the data warehouse
· Responsible for the design and development of work estimates and act as the primary point of contact for work estimates
· Practices sound project management methodologies to drive an integrated plan and timeline, identify and monitor milestones, meet deadlines
· Collaborates with Corporate Case Management staff in developing new reports for monitoring program results
· Proactively identifies potential issues/risks and works with the cross functional team to develop mitigation strategies and communicate to leadership
· Identifies and resolves (or escalates) challenges/barriers facing the team
· Offers creative suggestions to report development and management obstacles
· Collaborates with the Corporate Case Management staff in identifying resource training needs regarding new or enhanced reports
· Maintains and articulates current knowledge and understanding of all HCA corporate policies and procedures related to job function
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.