Be part of a highly innovative group of engineers where it’s about the products we create and the customers that we serve. Our process engineering team is hiring for talented engineering leaders who have desire to expand their engineering skillset.
Responsibilities across all phases of assigned engineering projects to ensure the objectives of quality, time, and cost are met. Prepares project schedules and reviews cost estimates, compiles required cost and equipment information, and writes appropriation requests. Responsible for effective communication of engineering information among team members. Follows the structure of the Pella Project Management, Safety, Continuous Improvement and Quality Systems throughout project execution. Investigates problems and requirements of projects and develops plans for solutions in line with economic, personnel, and environmental considerations.
Essential job duties and responsibilities for this process engineer includes the following:
• Evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering and scientific techniques, processes, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. Assignments have clear, specific objectives and require investigation of a limited number of variables.
• Transfer, modify, procure, install, and start up manufacturing processes at suppliers and Pella.
• Performs work which requires direct application of engineering skills to conventional types of tasks, some having complex features. Begins to develop competency in multiple engineering technologies. Gains exposure to Pella's application of engineering technologies within the fenestration industry. Learns how to apply engineering tools to deliver business results.
• Apply technical and functional expertise, manage and improve processes, foster collaboration, establish plans, coach and develop people, lead courageously
Essential job qualifications for this process engineering includes the following:
• At least two to five years engineering experience within the manufacturing industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications as well as Minitab
• Familiar with Lean Sigma principals and tools
• Lean Sigma Green Belt Certified and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now and a Recruiter will be in contact with you should you meet the desired responsibilities and qualifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications, physical demands and work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Pella Corporation is committed to workforce diversity. Pella is a Tobacco-Free Work Environment. Pella participates in E- Verify. Pella will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Pella Corporation provides a working environment free of discrimination and harassment. Pella Corporation treats all persons equally, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability, as each is protected under federal law. A number of states in which Pella operates have laws protecting classifications of Team Members not necessarily protected under federal law. Therefore, Pella also treats all persons equally, regardless of political affiliation and belief, pregnancy, national origin, age, creed, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, mental disorder, veteran status, ancestry or handicap as each category is protected under a municipal ordinance or state law.
About Pella Corporation
The Pella Area Community & Economic Alliance (PACE Alliance) is a non-profit organization of business owners and employees working collaboratively to achieve economic growth and success in the Pella area.