Be part of a highly innovative group of engineers where it’s about the products we create and the customers that we serve. Our process engineering team is hiring for a talented experienced automation engineer who has the desire to expand his/her engineering skillset.
This experienced automation engineer has responsibilities across all phases of assigned engineering projects to ensure the objectives of quality, time, and cost are met. Prepares project schedules and reviews cost estimates, compiles required cost and equipment information, and acquire funding. Responsible for effective communication of engineering information among team members. Follows the structure of the Pella Project Management, Safety, Continuous Improvement and Quality Systems throughout project execution. Investigates problems and requirements of projects and develops plans for solutions in line with economic, personnel, and environmental considerations.
Essential job duties and responsibilities for this experience automation engineer includes the following:
• Concept, transfer, modify, procure, install, and start up manufacturing equipment & processes at suppliers and Pella
• Tracks and monitors key project metrics to ensure short and long—term expectations are met
• The scope of influence of this position spans manufacturing, engineering, product & process development, material and equipment vendors
• Strong influential leadership skills are necessary
• The ability to effectively present information, defend a position and address concerns
• Understand and apply safe practices in line with Pella’s safety policies
Essential job qualifications for this experienced automation engineer includes the following:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Math, or relevant Science
• 3+ years combined engineering experience
• Problem-solver who has the ability to proactively navigate and seek knowledge
• Working knowledge of machine controls and electrical systems, including PLC’s, wiring diagrams, and G-code
• Experience in manufacturing mass customization of durable goods a plus
• Responsible for ongoing development of technical and leadership competencies
• Experience in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement a plus
• Team player who possesses strong communication and collaboration skills
• 25% travel and additional travel based on project needs
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook, Solid Edge and AutoCAD. Microsoft Project is preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications, physical demands and work environment characteristics listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Pella Corporation is committed to workforce diversity. Pella is a Tobacco-Free Work Environment. Pella participates in E- Verify. Pella will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Pella Corporation provides a working environment free of discrimination and harassment. Pella Corporation treats all persons equally, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability, as each is protected under federal law. A number of states in which Pella operates have laws protecting classifications of Team Members not necessarily protected under federal law. Therefore, Pella also treats all persons equally, regardless of political affiliation and belief, pregnancy, national origin, age, creed, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, mental disorder, veteran status, ancestry or handicap as each category is protected under a municipal ordinance or state law
About Pella Corporation
The Pella Area Community & Economic Alliance (PACE Alliance) is a non-profit organization of business owners and employees working collaboratively to achieve economic growth and success in the Pella area.