Under Supervision performs those duties directly involved with mammography and a variety of technical procedures applying ionizing radiation for the purpose of detecting pathology. Operates equipment safely and maintains ALARA standards while performing mammography and any other types of radiological procedures. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Produces quality radiographs per the procedure manual. Documents history utilizes appropriate exposure, positioning, patient ID and markers.
· Repeats any view that fails to include all required anatomical structures or lacks proper contrast and spatial resolution. Adheres to all criteria on the Image Quality Action Plan. [Exam Supervision and Administration]
· Completes work in appropriate time frame and ensures accuracy and completeness of work performed. Demonstrates ability to set priorities and performs well in stress and emergency situations. [Personal Productivity and Accountability]
· Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at QS before releasing images to PACS for interpretation. Corrects erroneous accession numbers in PACS. [Data Processing]
· Demonstrates the ability to perform daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual Quality Assurance on all Mammography units and printers. [Quality Control]
· Operates and maintains Imaging equipment in a safe manner. Adheres to all infection control standards. Is knowledgeable of personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect from exposure to chemical, radiation and/or biohazard. Properly wears Dosimeter badge and seeks to minimize radiation exposure. [Safety and the Environment of Care]
· Performs a full range of imaging procedures and operates all imaging equipment in assigned department. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to perform safe and effective procedures on patients of adult and geriatric ages. The knowledge and skills are acquired through formal training in an approved school, in-service, continuing education and/or experience. Demonstrates a willingness to learn/adapt to new technologies and protocols and help develop the knowledge and competency of coworkers and students. [Clinical Competence]
· Assists with data collection for KPIs while understanding the department performance trends and established standards. Participates in department Gallup and patient satisfaction initiatives. Utilizes patient service recovery resources when appropriate. [Performance Improvement]
· Attends department meetings consistently and promotes positive dialogue with respect to department objectives. Listens and is responsible to understand all agenda items. [Department Meeting Attendance]
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of Mammography and Diagnostic Radiological Procedures/Positions
· Ability to determine appropriate technical factors
· Knowledge of Mammography equipment and MQSA and ACR regulations
· Ability to learn and master new tasks related to Image Quality and Radiation Safety
· Ability to communicate effectively and work with people of various diverse backgrounds
· Ability to complete Mammography exams in a timely manner even under stressful condition
· 1yr experience performing Breast Needle Localizations (Site Specific)
· Graduate of the American Medical Association (AMA) approved school of radiography
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Florida State License – General Radiographer
· ARRT ( R )
· ARRT ( M )
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Internal Number: 280284
About AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.