The Athletic Multimedia Assistant provides assistance to the Associate Athletic Director of Communications and the Director of Multimedia & Production as needed. The Athletic Multimedia Assistant also assists with administrative functions within the Athletic Communications office performing various tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assist the Associate Athletics Director for Communications and Director of Multimedia & Production with all
multimedia services related to the athletics communications operation for the University’s 16 Division I sports:
• Assists with creation of digital content on the official website GoRiverHawks.com – including video streaming, postgame
highlights, profiles/feature videos and interviews.
• Maintains and fosters relationships with campus contingent and aggressively promotes University.
• Assists with updating the official Athletics Twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts.
• Travels with teams as necessary to provide athletic video support for department.
2. Assist with oversight of administrative functions within the Athletics Communications office:
•Help develop best practices for productions on ESPN, AmericaEast.tv and regional sports networks. •Work to develop branding standards for the River Hawk Network and department videos
3. Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate
information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Frequent evenings and weekend work. Occasional travel required.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, digital media or a related field
1-2 years’ experience within a collegiate communications/sports information/multimedia setting
• Expertise of Video Editing Software such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere • Understanding of Adobe After Effects and Adobe Creative Suite.
•Experience in a broadcast control room with familiarity of production concepts and terminology.
•Technical troubleshooting skills desirable. •Effective customer service, communication, interpersonal and public relations skills. •Working familiarity with sports in context of higher education environment. •Experience working effectively in diverse environments •A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review. •CLERY certification within first 30 days of employment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
• A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information
(CORI) check and review.
This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefited position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Internal Number: 500088
About University of Massachusetts Lowell
UMass Lowell is a public university committed to preparing our students for work in the real world? solving real problems and helping real people? by providing an affordable high-quality education.Whether you?re pursuing a career path or still searching for one, UMass Lowell is the ideal place to discover and achieve your purpose. Our campus is bursting with energy? enrollment is up, new academic programs are being launched, and new facilities are being acquired and are under construction. Most importantly, our students are more successful than ever thanks to highly accredited programs, our focus on experiential ?hands-on? learning, and personal attention from our accomplished and committed faculty and staff.