NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Department: Institute for Innovations in Medical Education
Reports to: Director
Direct Patient Caregiver: No
A Technical Business Analyst is sought for the Division of Educational Informatics (DEI) within the Institute for Innovations in Medical Education (IIME) at NYU Langone Health. IIME drives world-class technology and informatics-based innovations in teaching, learning, evaluation, and assessment at the undergraduate, graduate and continuing medical education levels.
The Business Analyst engages stakeholders across the education mission and helps them to define, validate, and document business requirements, mapping them to potential technology based solutions. The candidate will ultimately help to provide high-quality solutions and
deliverables within defined timelines, collaborating closely with technical implementation teams throughout the systems development life cycle. This translates into well-engineered, tested, and deployed business application systems. He/she will be responsible for developing project proposals, plans, timelines and resource estimates. The candidate will also be responsible for supporting the development of training and implementation material, participating in implementation, and providing post-implementation support.
This position will report to the Director of the Division of Educational Informatics.
• Reviews, analyzes and evaluates business systems within the NYU Langone Health education mission as well as user needs for education IT projects and initiatives.
• Determines operational objectives by studying business functions and gathering information.
• Understands the needs of multiple stakeholders across the education mission.
• Leads discussions with project stakeholders to determine and document project and application requirements. Facilitates the negotiation of requirements among multiple stakeholders as needed. Defines scope and objectives and formulates systems that support overall business strategies.
• Develops the design and functional specifications, produces deliverables related to the project(s) assigned and assists in post-implementation support and system enhancements.
• Responsible for gathering, compiling and synthesizing information with regard to technology processes or systems.
• Analyzes a chain of events and applies technical knowledge following established procedures and/or detailed specifications.
• Troubleshoots problems in their area of expertise and escalates as appropriate and needed.
• Facilitates design sessions with the implementation team to define solutions.
• Delivers elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes and other deliverables. Constructs workflow charts and diagrams.
• Identifies project milestones, phases and elements; forms project teams; monitors project budget when applicable. Monitors project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, and publishing progress reports. Recommends actions for project owners and sponsors.
• Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
• Reviews user stories, system requirements, business rules and scenario documentation to verify they meet business requirements. Determines prioritization of functional scope and works with team members to set Agile sprint plans and release schedules.
• Manages stakeholder needs and expectations.
• Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, in one-to-one and group settings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree and 4 or more years of work experience in higher education setting or equivalent experience in complex organizations
• Experience applying technology in a business setting
• Ability to organize and manage large amounts of detailed information
• Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
• Comfort in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to support multiple initiatives simultaneously, prioritize work to meet and/or
exceed established service levels
• QA or developer background
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with project management
• Demonstrated knowledge of business process analysis and improvement methodologies
• Proficiency or experience with Business Intelligence software (Tableau)
• Proficiency or experience with Jira
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Business office setting.
Please See Above
Internal Number: 69218246
About NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. Included in the 200+ locations throughout the New York area are five inpatient locations: Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute-care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation, ranked as one of the top 10 rehabilitation programs in the country; NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital with all musculoskeletal specialties ranked top 10 in the country; Hassenfeld Children's Hospital at NYU Langone, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services; and NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn, a full-service teaching hospital and level 1 trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute–designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.