1) Take an active role in projects as a client relationship manager or strategic consultant.â‹
2) Has a role in new business development, meeting with clients and creating estimates for potential projects.
3) Share responsibility for departmental strategy and operations.
4) Web Services staff, mentoring and assisting with projects preferably as advisers when necessary.
5) May serve as service managers for the purposes of the IT Services catalog and as Project Manager when needed.
6) Act as departmental & IT Services leadership
7) Hire, manage, and mentor staff, helping each maintain a balanced portfolio of fulfilling work that meets the strategic goals for the University.
8)Manage incoming work and ensure resources are at optimal utilization.
9)Work with the management team, make decisions about staff, financial direction, vision, and strategic goals for Web Services.
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2) Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, including demonstrated ability to defuse tension
3) Excellent analytical skills required. Excellent organizational and time management skills
4) Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative
5) Ability to prioritize multiple projects and independently follow through with detail
6) Ability to conceptualize a course of action and organize its successful completion
7) Ability to formulate, design, and implement complex projects
8)Ability to read communication styles of team members who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
9)Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
1) Bachelor's degree
1) Minimum seven years of client management experience
2) Minimum seven years of demonstrable technical project management experience
3) Staff management experience
4) Web development or web project management experience
5) Experience designing and coding web and/or native apps for mobile environments
6) Professional experience within a higher education or not-for-profit environment
7) Experience managing Enterprise CMS services
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR04812
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.