1) The Assistant Director of Admissions makes significant contributions to the Executive MBA admissions team in attracting, evaluating and yielding the most qualified candidates for the Executive MBA Program.
2) This critical position will manage the prospective student lifecycle and serve as the business process lead for admissions related activities.
3) Responsible for executing recruitment activities and strategies to meet enrollment goals.
4) Counsel and guide prospective students employing a consultative sales approach nurturing candidates via phone calls, email, events and other outreach.
1) Present at admissions events such as information sessions, webinars, masterclass workshops and open-house days.
6) Support the planning and execution of recruiting events locally and nationally.
7) Promote the Executive MBA through knowledge of the value proposition and serve as a brand ambassador embodying the Chicago Booth culture at all times.
8) Backup office contact for managing email, phone and walk-in inquires about the Executive MBA program in order to initiate relationships with prospects.
9) Participate in candidate evaluation activities including CV reviews and interviews.
10) Counsel prospective students on the admissions test (GMAT, EA or GRE) to evaluate and provide guidance regarding their candidacy.
11) Manage the operations associated with the application process including collection of application documents and tuition deposits.
12) Manage the admitted student background check and credential evaluation process working with a third party vendor.
13) Continually improve processes associated with admissions activities to enhance prospective student satisfaction and the timeliness of admissions decisions.
14) Manage marketing communications for prospects, applicants and admitted students.
15) Serve as the team lead on the Editorial Board planning and implementing a global content strategy.
16) Assist with advertising the program in North America including campaign management, performance tracking and process improvement.
17) Act as the point person for admissions related edits to the website, literature and admitted student portal.
18) Successfully partner with global colleagues in London and Hong Kong to collaborate on global marketing and recruiting initiatives.
19) Attend, support and participate in various student related events led by the Program Office; work some evenings and Saturdays as needed.
1) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
2) Knowledge of database technology and Microsoft Office, as well as ability to learn new technologies quickly.
3) Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
4) Discretion and customer service orientation.
5) Ability to work successfully as part of a global team.
6) Superior organizational skills.
7) Willingness and ability to work evenings and Saturdays.
8) Willingness and ability to travel for recruitment events.
1) MBA or similar degree.
2) At least three years of admissions or admissions related experience, including admissions evaluations.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR04789
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.