1. Assist in the implementation of a web communications plan that supports undergraduate and graduate student recruitment, fundraising initiatives, alumni engagement, fine arts season marketing, camps and conferences services enrollment, academic affairs and other activity related to the College's Strategic Plan (https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/north-central-college-strategic-plan).
2. Assist in managing the College's websites. Possesses an understanding of the goals, audiences and information structures unique to the College's entire public web portfolio, including the main website (northcentralcollege.edu).
3. Works with the director of web and digital strategy and creative services department to plan integrate design work from print to the web.
4. Consult with cross-campus constituents to develop web content that maximizes the College's identity and make recommendations for improvement.
5. Participate in collaboration with Information Technology Services as part of a Web Team to manage the College's online presence. Attend weekly Web Team meetings.
6. Serve as web support for special institutional projects and initiatives.
7. Monitor statistical information and user trends on the College's website and implement the use of metrics to inform future web planning within the Office of Marketing and Communications and across the institution (including social media inbound marketing).
8. Assist in the management of the SEO plan to increase visibility and organic rankings in search engine results. Routine SEO analysis of websites using provided auditing tools to compile and analyze data to influence site optimization priorities. On-page tactical responsibility to include meta, content structure, alt. Tags, and social cards.
9.Play a role in the content strategy process within the Office of Marketing and Communications. Work collaboratively with the communications and content team to identify editorial content. Ensure content is consistent and customized from print to online to ensure messaging across all marketing and communications channels is consistent.
10. Assist in maintaining current information on the website through the College's CMS.
11. Ensure that the website adheres to the College's standard for uniformity of style and message as outlined in the College Identity and Graphic Standards manual in addition to accessibility standards. Work closely with other members of the Office of Marketing and Communication to maintain and edit website content.
12. Assist in managing the on-going development of College websites and maintain dynamic content for key landing pages.
13. Play a role in the Office of Marketing and Communications in coordinating campus and community notification of emergencies via the website, as well as ongoing updates to internal and external audiences.
14. In collaboration with the director of web and digital strategy and ITS Web Team, create and manage website documentation and training for content editors across campus.
15.Under direction of the director of web and digital strategy, tactically responsible for implementing website build plans to include (but not limited to) pages, blogs, elements, forms, user funnels, etc.
16. Perform other related duties as appropriately assigned.
A bachelor's degree is required.
Entry level, experience in internet technologies, website management, journalism or marketing is preferred.
The web and digital strategy specialist is responsible for assisting in the execution and coordination of North Central College website assets as an integral part of the College's marketing functions. The web and digital strategy specialist will provide a tactical role in ensuring brand consistency and uniformity for the College's online presence (internal and external) in support of strategic institutional goals including student recruitment, fundraising, alumni engagement, institutional reputation, academic affairs, fine arts, camps and conference services, human resources and crisis communications. Institutional goals and priorities have been outlined as part of the College's strategic plan, available here: https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/north-central-college-strategic-plan. This individual will assist in managing the main College website (northcentralcollege.edu), online alumni magazine in partnership with the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs (magazine.northcentralcollege.edu), and fine and performing arts website in collaboration with the Fine Arts Director (northcentralcollege.edu/finearts). Additional work includes the Brilliant Future Campaign (brilliantfuture.northcentralcollege.edu), intranet and the College's mobile app.
Internal Number: 6278
About North Central College
North Central College, founded in 1861, is a selective, comprehensive liberal arts institution of 3000 students located 28 miles west of Chicago in Naperville, within walking distance of the Naperville Metra station. For information about the College, please visit the website at https://www.northcentralcollege.edu.