Communications Specialist III University of Tennessee School of Art
Duties: Develop and execute undergraduate and graduate recruitment strategies; manage publicity, media relations, and marketing efforts; assist with donor development; contribute to community outreach efforts.
Goals: Promote the School of Art's graduate and undergraduate programs; increase enrollment of highly qualified and diverse students to the School of Art; increase engagement with alumni; and expand the School of Art's endowments and donor base.
Write and edit creative and news content for platforms including web, print, social media, and video; manage School of Art website, email marketing, and social media accounts; manage production and distribution of print materials; coordinate and promote events and programs; serve as liaison to media representatives and campus communicators; develop and maintain School of Art style and brand; track admissions data; coordinate with staff on graduate and undergraduate recruitment; coordinate with advisor on undergraduate mentors; oversee promotion and tenure documentation; provide faculty and administrative support, and other duties as assigned.
1) Oversee School of Art website, social media accounts, email marketing platform, and media relations ●Manage publicity for School of Art news and events; gather stories about faculty, students, alumni, donors, and staff ●Write and edit press releases, web articles, social media content, and more; maintain consistency with School of Art and College styles as well as University brand ●Direct staff who help manage the website, social media accounts, external events calendars, and email marketing platform to promote School of Art events and programs; supervise student workers and interns in producing social media content and more ●Revise website structure as needed and build new pages in keeping with College template; manage basic web design using WordPress and collaborate with professional web designer as needed ●Serve as liaison to College and University communications and media relations staff, as well as local media, state and local arts organizations, and educational institutions and organizations
2) Manage recruitment efforts ●Coordinate graduate and undergraduate recruitment events hosted by the School of Art ●Represent the School of Art at admissions fairs and other recruitment events; organize faculty to attend events and visit schools; coordinate tours and visits for prospective students and school groups ●Communicate with admitted students and other prospective majors and parents ●Track undergraduate admissions data ●Track interactions and research best practices; advise Director and faculty committees on recruitment and retention strategies ●Collaborate with School of Art Advising Coordinator and College of Arts and Sciences Recruitment Coordinator to develop and oversee student ambassador team ●Coordinate with Scholarship Committee and Financial Aid Office to promote and manage scholarship applications for current and prospective students ●Collaborate with the Advising Coordinator on student engagement and retention efforts such as the Peer Mentor Program ●Develop community partnerships to benefit School of Art outreach and recruitment efforts
3) Manage production of School of Art publications and marketing materials ●Write and edit content; design print and digital materials such as student handbooks, program brochures, posters, mailings, and digital ads. ●Design and execute email marketing campaigns for graduate and undergraduate student recruitment; track and evaluate analytics ●Provide creative direction and collaborate with various campus partners and School of Art staff to produce video, virtual tours, newsletters, MFA exhibition catalogs, and other materials as needed ●Write and edit grants for recruitment funding; purchase ad space and time ●Develop and oversee student internship for media and design
4) Support development and donor relations efforts ●Coordinate fundraising events, development council meetings and events, student scholarship ceremonies, and more ●Assist School of Art Director and College of Arts and Sciences Advancement staff in managing relationships with donors and prospective donors
5) Provide faculty and administrative support, and other duties as assigned
Internal Number: 175148
Our primary mission is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world. As the preeminent research-based, land-grant university in the state, UT embodies the spirit of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and engagement attained by the nation’s finest public research institutions.