Pay Range: $16.39 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: The Assistant Video Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Coordinator of Video Services with all facets of the Video program for Intercollegiate Athletics, as well as producing video content for the Official Website in correspondence with the Assistant Athletic Director for Media Relations and the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Branding. The position reports directly to the Coordinator of Video Services. Duties may include: Shooting practice and game video for all sport programs, editing of video as determined by team specific needs, maintaining video equipment, helping with meeting room setup and needs, producing video for the Vandal Athletic Department, and other duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Video Services, or the Athletic Director or the Associate Athletic Director for Revenue Generation. This position must be knowledgeable of and in compliance with all NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations and must display professional integrity.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong desire to work in athletics
- Ability to work long hours and meet rigorous deadlines
- Working knowledge in remote and studio production editing, camera operation and audio
- Demonstrated computer skills with digital editing software
- Ability to utilize advanced video graphic methods, techniques, processes, and equipment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong work ethic
- Desire to gain experience working in athletics video operations
- Masters Degree
- At least one year experience of production editing, camera operation, audio or related experience
- Experience with digital editing software in any of the following (DVSport, XOS, Hudl, Final Cut or Adobe Suite)
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: - Working outdoors in all weather conditions; working in small spaces and platforms exposed to heights
Posting Number: SP002165P
Posting Date: 04/24/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: Applications received by May 13, 2019 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.