CBRE has a large confidential technology client that is looking for highly looking for highly motivated Mechanical Engineers with demonstrated design, operations, and construction experience in the area of complex and mission critical facilities, specifically in data centers. THE PRIMARY FOCUS is Mechanical Engineering Design ; -- including the ability to suggest designs and challenge others designs. Must be able to do design calculations to validate designs. Provide project design interpretation/evaluation from the client's perspective, and also provide field engineering services, project implementation, and participation in all phases of a project life cycle. Act as the interface between internal customers and project team. Involvement in all the site capital projects from green field construction to major modification of existing infrastructures and participation and preparation all types of documents including: statement of work (SOW), TCO analysis, drawing mark-ups, budget, schedule, final startup/commissioning reports, and review of as-builts and review of submittals.
Note: This role does not take on any design liability or responsibility, as that responsibility lies solely with the EOR with the design-build contractor.
* Provide owner's rep. / technical support to datacenter services and operations teams to define electrical system design requirements for multiple and simultaneous DC projects from inception through completion
* Collaborate with DCDE core teams to develop, implement, and manage the data center (DC) electrical designs at site starting from basis of design (BOD) to "Issued for Construction" (IFC) datacenter services documents for new DC projects build outs, infrastructure upgrades, and renovations.
* Gain a detailed understanding of the electrical project requirements on-going at the site. Assist in the response to site specific engineering requests for information (RFI) from an Owner's perspective in coordination with the Design-Builder's engineer of record (EOR). Manage site bug process and coordinate with DCDE cross functional teams for technical support.
* Participate in new technology insertions through collaboration with the core engineering team to provide site specific requirements during the development of site specific BOD. From owner's perspective, review schematics with EOR to detail designs to assure client requirements/ expectations are being met.
* Participate and support PM and DCEng team for change to plan of record (cPOR) items at site level
* Own and manage all site level mechanical issues during project execution phase. Identify and resolve issues with the cross functional teams. Maintain all DC related mechanical system design requirement and interface documents. Manage and comply with the change control process.
* Support team for development of detailed scope of work for major infrastructure upgrades based on project needs and work with internal teams on configuration management.
* Support quality assurance and control (QA/QC) during the construction process. Provide technical guidance to vendor teams in the resolution of issues, support program level efforts.
* Support the commissioning team in development of documentation and testing procedures for each project, review field testing results and provide technical guidance to vendor teams in the resolution of issues , ensure successful commissioning per internal client requirements
* Provide technical support to datacenter services for review of change orders. Escalate to client as necessary for action / decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
* B.S. is required (Equivalent field experience is acceptable)
* 5+ years experience Design-Build environment for fast track mission critical facilities.
* Excellent communication skills, able to work in teams and matrix organization.
* High level understanding of a project total cost of ownership (TCO).
* Experience in design, operation, and commissioning of mechanical distribution systems to include air and water side systems.
* Some travel will be required.
* Professional Engineering License
* Knowledge of large-scale mission critical facility's mechanical infrastructure systems.
* Experience in rough estimating.
* Experience in design, operation, and commissioning of generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, and control systems.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
Internal Number: 19006534
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.