1) The Senior Research Professional will be expected to: conduct independent problem-solving with high-level directional advice;
2) Supervising the computational progress of all MFR program research associates in close coordination with MFR faculty director;
3) Providing research guidance, conducting and holding necessary meetings with MFR research associates to ensure that deadlines and directions imposed by the MFR faculty director are met;
4) Be fully informed on the latest developments in the relevant research areas;
5) Assist Professor Hansen to identify, assess and organize information for research from academic institutions worldwide and other organizations addressing similar research goals;
6) Collaborate with the MFR research team to create and strengthen a digital platform accessible to the community of researchers whose aim is to strengthen dynamic models in macroeconomics and finance;
7) Present findings effectively and articulately at internal staff meetings and seminars/conferences;
8) Contribute essential technical content relevant to grant proposals and reports in support of the initiative.
1) Identify and interpret research data, develop conclusions, and communicate findings independently through effective oral and written communication on a bi-weekly basis;
2) Strong computer programming and quantitative skills, experience with a statistical programming language such as MATLAB, Stata, or R, and familiarity with lower-level programming languages such as C, C++, or Python with interest in coding and a willingness to learn new programs and methods of analysis;
3) Basic knowledge of economic dynamics is preferred;
4) Ability to supervise progress of research;
5) Demonstrated ability to work independently, maintain multiple projects simultaneously, and perform successfully in a fast-paced environment.
1) The ideal candidate will have a masterâ™s degree or above in applied mathematics and computation, statistics, economics or a closely connected field.
1) Previous experience supervising research associates and reporting group research progress to a research director or principal investigator.
Technical Knowledge, Skills, or Certifications
1) Basic knowledge of economic dynamics.
2) Experience with a statistical programming language such as MATLAB, Stata, or R, and familiarity with lower-level programming languages such as C, C++, or Python with interest in coding and a willingness to learn new programs and methods of analysis.
2) Cover Letter (include earliest available start date)
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR04741
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.