Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Operations Support Specialist (Part-Time) position. Reporting to the Dean of Educational Support Services, the Operations Support Specialist provides administrative support and coordination of processes related to the delivery of academic advising services to the College's student population. Primary responsibilities include maintaining the department advising scheduling system and the coordination of processes related to the administration of academic advising scheduling, recordkeeping and compliance. This position also supports the Dean with special projects related to student persistence and completion, and reporting needed to ensure the overall effective operations of the department. This is a part time position with scheduled hours not to exceed 25 hours per week.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
• Associate's degree or equivalent coursework required.
• Two (2) years of related work experience required.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong problem solving and project management skills required.
• Excellent technical skills, including Word, Excel and Access required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Two (2) years of related work experience in higher education environment preferred.
• Experience with an enterprise-wide information system, such as Ellucian Banner, preferred.
• Understanding of unionized work environment preferred.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.