Community Animal Hospital is seeking a full-time, compassionate Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our growing team!
We're focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctors and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, and ultrasound.
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, can work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skillset and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients. Evenings and Saturday rotations are required.
Must be a Licensed Veterinarian Technician in NYS.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
• Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use Avimark software for documenting medical notes
• Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
• Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
• Perform diagnostic imaging
• Perform anesthesia
• Prep patients for and assist in surgery
• Perform dental prophies
• Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
• Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
• Communicate with and educate clients
• Provide compassionate patient care Benefits:
We're dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life.
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits
• Paid time off for full-time employees
• 401(k) plan
• Continuing education allowance
• Generous discount for your pets
Salary commensurate with experience
Licensed Veterinary Technician
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience
About COMMUNITY ANIMAL HOSPITAL
5 vet small animal practice in Dutchess County New York, home of IBM. Close to New York City, beaches, Catskills and Adirondacks. 6 LVT's , 6 vet assistants, 5 receptionists. All support staff save one with practice for at least 8 years.