Reporting to the Director, Enterprise & Network Solutions, the Developer, Web and Mobile Technologies is responsible for the development, administration and support of web, mobile and other digital technology initiatives in support of marketing/communications, academic, and administrative functions of the College. In collaboration with Marketing and Communications, the Developer assists with building and maintaining the College’s web presence, appropriately incorporating social media, mobile technologies, content delivery and content management tools and practices, while providing the necessary technical security, authentication, scalability and performance for all web-based systems and services.
• Develops the college’s web site and web/mobile presence using the latest and most efficient web, mobile and digital technologies.
• Develops and maintains database-driven web applications according to outlined project plans and statements of work.
• Works with internal departments and external vendors to gather requirements and design specifications to produce consistent online user interfaces that improve communications to a variety of audiences.
• Creates and maintains technical documentation.
• All other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, Technology Applications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. • At least 3-5 years’ of progressive academic and/or professional experience in web and mobile technologies. • Knowledge of web standards, limitations, platform and browser capability and best practices for coding and workflow. • Technical skills and hands-on knowledge for local development server setup, troubleshooting, maintenance, monitoring and management. • Exceptional organizational skills and be able to attend to and prioritize projects. • Ability to successfully manage interpersonal working relationships. As appropriate, collaborate with staff in other units and divisions to achieve the goals of the College. • Strong written and verbal communication skills. • Handles confidential information sensitively and appropriately.
Preferred Education, Experience, Technology Applications and Skills
• Experience working in Higher Education • Additional technical certifications are a plus
Internal Number: 1909
About Nazareth College of Rochester
Nazareth College’s academic strengths cross an unusually broad spectrum of 60 majors, including education, health and human services, management, the fine arts, music, theatre, math and science, foreign languages, and other liberal arts. The coeducational, religiously independent, classic campus in a charming suburb of Rochester, N.Y. challenges and supports 2,000 undergrads and 800 graduate students. Nazareth is recognized nationally for its Fulbright global student scholars and commitment to civic engagement. Rigorous programs, an uncommon core, experiential learning, career skills, and a global focus prepare graduates for not just one job, but for their life’s work.It is the policy of Nazareth College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, carrier status, genetic predisposition or any other protected status in the admission of students to the College; in any of the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the College; in the administration of its educational policies, admission p...olicies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other programs administered by the College; or in the employment practices of the College.All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, carrier status, genetic predisposition or any other protected status, or any other basis upon which discrimination is prohibited by municipal, state, or federal law. In a continuing effort to enrich our academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the College actively encourages applications from members of all ethnic groups underrepresented in higher education.