PCMA is the leading professional association and engagement platform for the business events industry. Join us to collaborate in an inclusive and creative workplace. We are purpose-driven, working toward social and economic prosperity for the organizations and professionals we serve. PCMA is a global organization based in Chicago, with members and engaged communities in more than 70 countries. We welcome talented, creative, high-energy people who adhere to the highest ethics, believe that hard work can be fun, and are interested in transforming the world through the power of business events. And there’s more: great benefits, casual dress and a North Loop office just steps from the Chicago Riverwalk
VISION: PCMA’s vision is to drive economic and social transformation through business events.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: PCMA educates, inspires and listens, creating meaningful experiences where passion, purpose and commerce come together.
The Account Manager is a savvy, outcome-focused client services member of the Business Development team and is accountable for the fulfillment of contractual commitments and marketing activations of high-value accounts within assigned market and sales team member(s). The Account Manager is highly skilled in project management and working with multiple internal and external stakeholders, and has a strong understanding of PCMA’s audience, client goals and objectives, and business solutions to achieve desired expectations and results of client. They provide sales support and lead the renewal process of existing accounts, and like the Business Development team they support, are sales-minded negotiators and skilled in building relationship capital. PCMA’s Account Managers provide the highest standard of account management and client care.
The ideal Account Manager possess the following key talents.
· Service and Building Value – client-first, mindset of learning and listening,resourceful, professional service excellence, outcome-focused
· Savvy Marketers & Activators – creative thinker, knowledgeable and abreast of marketplace, not afraid to ideate and sell or scratch an idea, willing to test and try
· Relationship Building – authentic and genuine, natural curiosity to get to know people, friendly-likable-approachable, transparent
· Project Management – respected leader, process effective, foreseeable and connects the dots, results-oriented, proactive-timely-follow through
· Serves as primary day-to-day contact for PCMA Partner, Sponsor, and high-value clients within assigned market(s) in support of Business Development team to ensure PCMA lives up to its contractual obligations and provides highest standard of account management and client care.
· Builds relationship capital and understanding of clients’ business and target audience and identify ways to drive value through contracted marketing activations.
· Maintains frequent contact with assigned accounts to ensure proper support and adherence to contract; handles non-compliance issues with Director and works to resolve issues.
· Ability to handle high level, sophisticated business conversations with C-level clients.
· Highly productive with effective communication skills, positive attitude and strong people and interpersonal skills are key, as well as problem-solving and ability to handle confrontational situations with professionalism.
· Ability to juggle tactical duties of assigned accounts while also driving strategic discussions and long-term planning of the account.
· Provide proposal, contract, and renewal support as directed by assigned Business Development sales team member(s).
· Develop and provide performance measurements and reports for assigned accounts demonstrated achievement of desired contractual outcomes.
· Manage project timelines and deliverables, and liaise with team members across multiple departments, agencies and third-party vendors to ensure deadlines and objectives are met.
· Remain current on global social and economic environment and experiential marketing and media trends that influence role in driving impact and results for business events community at large.
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in business, marketing, or related-field
Two-four (2-4) years of related experience – preferably in project and/or sponsorship management, sales or marketing, international business -- demonstrating positive progressive growth and accountabilities
High level of business acumen with a client-centric and service excellence mindset
Experience or understanding of Business Events industry globally is a plus
Must be dependable and demonstrate a positive work ethic and stable work history
About Professional Convention Management Association
PCMA is the multi-channel professional resource and premier educator for leaders in the meetings, conventions, events and trade show industries. PCMA provides their 6,300 members with a community of likeminded colleagues, innovative education and creative global solutions to enhance both their professional development and their organization's face-to-face and virtual connections. Headquartered in Chicago, PCMA has 17 chapters throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico with members in more than 35 countries. For additional information, please visit the PCMA Web site at pcma.org.