Martin Downs Animal Hospital located in Palm City, FL is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!
Martin Downs Animal Hospital is a progressive and well-established clinic located on the sunny, southeast part of Florida called the “Treasure Coast." Our practice provides high-quality veterinary care, boarding, and grooming services. We offer a warm, community-like work environment with an excellent support staff. We all understand the concept of teamwork!
· Modern veterinary facility designed by to provide animal medical care, boarding, and grooming
· Medical section consists of: 4 exam rooms, treatment area, laboratory, pharmacy, surgical suite, x-ray room, ICU, and isolation
· Medical section is well equipped with:
· Digital x-ray including dental
· Surgical laser and electrocautery
· In-house lab
· Central o2
· Boarding section has:
· 30 runs and 50 cages
· Cat room
· Outside exercise runs
· Grooming section accommodates:
· 2 groomers
· separate bathing area with 2 tubs
· Practice limited to small animal only
· Hospital has conference room with facilities
ABOUT MARTIN COUNTY:
Palm City is located in Martin County on Florida’s east coast. It is a real Florida gem that celebrates small town life and that hard to find old Florida feel. Martin County boasts beautiful natural landscape from the Atlantic Ocean to Lake Okeechobee and everything in between. White sandy beaches, crystal clear water, nature preserves, and near perfect year round temperatures are all part of living in Martin County. Martin County reigns supreme for water sports; swimming, surfing, diving, fishing, sailing, boating etc. It is a golf enthusiast’s paradise. The county is known for the art, cultural events, galleries, museums, and fine dining. Martin County is in close proximity to the Palm Beaches offering even more cultural opportunities, shopping, dining, and recreation. Martin County is within 2 hours or less driving time to four international airports. Miami is 100 miles south, Orlando is 130 miles north, and the Bahamas is 30 miles east. There is a lot to do here to enjoy life and all of this within a small town atmosphere.
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in FL.
· Looks forward to forging long term relationships with clients - we have good, caring clientele who expect quality medicine and surgery
· Cat and dog practice - need good comfort level with both
· People-person as well as animals
· Good Communicator
· Must enjoy working as a team
· Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
· Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
· Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
· Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
· Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Internal Number: 1608
About Martin Downs Animal Hospital
Our Why: For the love of animals and the people who love them.
Our Mission: To improve the comfort and well-being of pets by providing progressive and compassionate care. We develop a community of animal hospitals and pet resorts that share knowledge to achieve sustainable growth.
Our Values: We value teamwork, integrity, service excellence, innovation and goal orientation.