Fox Rothschild LLP has an opening for a mid-level entertainment associate to join the New York, NY office. The candidate will have at least three to five years of experience in the music industry. The candidate must be licensed to practice law in the State of New York.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of the music business customs and usage
- Transactional drafting experience
- Experience papering albums and tours including drafting producer and mixing agreements, side artist agreements, sample agreements, writer collaboration agreements, mechanical licenses, appearance agreements and synchronization licensing
- Experience drafting publishing agreements including co-publishing and administrative agreements
- Experience in digital and new media transaction and law
- Exceptional organization skills and the ability to juggle many matters simultaneously
- An understanding of the underlying basis for deals (Copyright, Corporate, Trademark, Publicity and Privacy)
The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials, strong writing skills and experience in a law firm environment, record company, or publishing company. EOE. We are currently not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
About Fox Rothschild LLP
Since our founding in 1907 in Philadelphia, Fox Rothschild LLP has enjoyed a reputation for excellence in the fields of business, corporate and securities, labor and employment, real estate, creditors' rights, litigation and tax & estates law. Over the past twelve years we have grown to a firm of more than 500 lawyers practicing in 16 offices strategically located in Philadelphia, PA; Warrington (Bucks County), PA; Exton (Chester County), PA; Blue Bell (Montgomery County), PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Atlantic City, NJ; Princeton, NJ; Roseland, NJ; Wilmington, DE; New York City, NY; West Palm Beach, FL; Las Vegas, NV; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Stamford, CT and Washington, DC.
As one of the premier law firms, we represent clients throughout the East Coast and across the nation. Our growth over the past decade has enabled us to serve clients from conveniently located offices, backed by the resources of a large, full-service firm.
Because our clients consist of businesses of all sizes, we recognize that, regardless of size, every business has a distinct culture and particular needs. No matter how large or small, every client and every matter receive the appropriate, immediate attention that is the hallmark of our firm.