***Sign on Bonus $500.00***We are seeking a full time licensed Veterinary Nurse (LVT) or Veterinary Technician In Training to work in our state of the art veterinary animal hospital. We are looking for motivated, energetic people who love animals and enjoy humans, and who work well with other people in a team setting, where each individual is valued. Our hospital is state of the art, offering the newest in health care along with devotion to developing a lasting relationship with our clients. Our hospital believes in quality over quantity, while providing a fear-free experience to our patients. We are looking for a friendly-upbeat, experienced candidate who enjoys new and exciting challenges loves their job, and enjoys growing and learning.
Skills should include:
- Basic animal medical knowledge
- Basic animal handling skills.
- Good communication verbal and written skills
- Basic computer knowledge, with typing skills
- Lift up to 45#
- Standing and sitting for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Telephone etiquette
- Client customer service
- Able to work on their own, self-motivated
Duties would include but not limited to the following:
- Administering Anesthesia, for all surgical patients and dental patients, including sedated procedures, calculating and drawing up drugs, placing IVC, Intubations, monitoring, charting, and troubleshooting.
- Dental cleanings, chartings, radiographs, and education
- Radiology: taking digital radiographs, positioning, submitting for review, taking CT scans, positioning, and submitting
- Patient Care, ICU- monitoring, providing treatments for patients, cleaning, walking, feeding hospitalized, charting, and TLC, calculating drips, monitoring fluid pumps.
- Surgical assisting, surgery prep, anesthetic packs, cleaning and sterilizing, surgery discharges.
- Assisting with integrative medicine: administering laser therapy, obtaining updates on patients, educating the client, assisting in acupuncture, administering physical therapy, assisting with an underwater treadmill, scheduling follow-ups
- Assisting with rooms, obtaining vitals, history, assisting with the exam, typing up medical records, charges, establishing estimates and presenting them, forward booking.
- Daily tasks: charges, phone calls, cleaning, stocking, assisting with nurse appointments, filling medications, inventory, client communications, and client interactions.
Benefits:Sign on bonus of $500.00*
We offer competitive wages and employee benefits, paid vacation at 6 months, Health insurance reimbursement, Colonial Insurance (Term Life, Accident, Disability), Pet Discounts and Benefits, EAP, IRA with a match. We offer license renewal and CE allowance. We believe in appreciation and offer a team token reward system along with a loyalty program for long term employees. The schedule is a 4-11 hour work week with 1-hour lunch daily.
Veterinary experience is preferred.
If you want to be part of an exciting opportunity and want to join a great team, please respond via email only. * Details available upon interview.