The NCAA is excited to offer a men’s basketball summer employment opportunity for up to 12 NCAA Division II and Division III basketball managers and student-athletes. This position will be at the NCAA national office in Indianapolis. Employment will begin on June 1 and end on July 31. This experience will give participants the opportunity to learn and support basketball event operations, planning, logistics and more. Employees also will have the opportunity to meet and interact with numerous professionals in college basketball, including coaches, administrators and NCAA national office staff.
The NCAA College Basketball Academy is a new developmental basketball academy created by the NCAA at the recommendation of Dr. Condoleezza Rice and the Commission on College Basketball. The NCAA College Basketball Academy will provide an elite basketball academy experience for up to 2,400 of the top collegiate prospects. Programming will include skill development, games and life skills meant to benefit prospective student-athletes, as well as provide a first-class evaluation opportunity for Division I men’s basketball coaches. The 2019 NCAA College Basketball Academy will take place in four regional locations (Phoenix; Houston; Champaign, Illinois; and Storrs, Connecticut), with each region having two sessions. The first academy session will be July 22-25, and the second will be July 25-28.
Before the start of academy, NCAA College Basketball Academy seasonal employees will communicate directly with prospective student-athletes attending the academies, their guardians and high school coaches as well as the staff working the event. They will collaborate with NCAA men’s basketball staff, providing updates on players, their parents/guardians and academy staff in preparation for the academies. Members of this program also will be involved in the planning and execution phases of the academies.
· Through phone calls, texts and emails, assist prospective student-athletes and parents/guardians with registration forms, travel arrangements and other information required for academy participation.
· Work with Teamworks software to disseminate information to academy participants and staff.
· Provide continual feedback to NCAA staff on all aspects of academy operations to ensure a first-class academy experience for prospective student-athletes and college coaches.
· Monitor designated phone and email accounts to field inquiries from participants, parents/guardians, coaches and the general public.
· Assist NCAA social media with digital outreach.
· The NCAA will cover the cost of dorm housing for employees who live outside of the Indianapolis area.
· Seasonal employees will be paid an hourly rate of $12 and will be eligible for overtime for those hours worked over 40 hours in a normal work week (Sunday-Saturday).
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Must be a current Division II or Division III student-athlete or team manager. (Required)
· Must pass a SafeSport check and obtain USA Basketball Gold License. (Required)
· Minimum 3.0 GPA. (Required)
· Should be an articulate speaker with excellent communication skills.
· Should have an excellent attention to detail.
· Must have basketball knowledge and a passion for college basketball.
· Previous experience with basketball academies preferred.
· Must have the ability to calmly navigate high-pressure situations.