DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Adjunct Faculty in Cinema - Production
Adjunct (Non-tenure Track)
Position / Posting Information
This pool will close on the date specified in the Close Date field. You will be notified of the closing by email. If you would like to remain in the pool after that time, you will need to resubmit to the new pool posting at: https://facultyopportunities.depaul.edu/
College of Computing and Digital Media
DePaul's College of Computing & Digital Media (CDM) is located in the heart of Chicago's Loop, the central business district of Chicago. CDM students come from a variety of backgrounds and cultures therefore CDM is interested in recruiting and maintaining a diverse faculty. Part-time teaching positions are available throughout the academic year, including summer sessions. Academic course schedules fluctuate from quarter to quarter, and the college will work with selected individuals to determine a quarterly schedule. Courses are not guaranteed, however the college does its best to give ample notice about available courses. Applicants with expertise that matches course scheduling needs will be contacted for an interview.
The School of Cinematic Arts (SCA) offers courses on both the Loop and Lincoln Park campuses. Serving over 1,000 students majoring in Film and Television, Digital Cinema, Screenwriting, Documentary and Animation, SCA provides general education courses in the Arts and Literature liberal studies domain.
Minimum requirements include a master's degree in the discipline, or 18 semester/27 quarter hours of graduate work in the discipline, or an undergraduate degree with a minimum of five years demonstrated relevant professional experience. Exceptions may be considered with approval of the dean.
Graduate degree in film or cinema, and professional credits on distributed or broadcasted work, or significant film festival or contest screenings or awards.
Part-time Faculty 128Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
The Digital Cinema Program in the School of Cinematic Arts is hiring part-time instructors with educational, teaching and professional experience in cinema production for all phases of the filmmaking process, including pre-production, production, and post-production. Applicants in documentary, screenwriting, sound design, post production, or television should not apply here, and are encouraged to apply to those specific searches. The Digital Cinema Program is also seeking candidates with graduate-level educational experience and/or college-level teaching experience in the areas of film and liberal studies (like film and art, film and philosophy, film and ethics, film and science, or media literacy).
This posting applies to • Film • Cinema • Filmmaking • Film Production • Film Studies • Film Producing • Film Directing • Screen Acting • Cinematography
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Have you worked as a professional filmmaker, screened your work or been awarded in major film festivals or contests, or earned a graduate degree in filmmaking or a related field?
* Do you have a graduate degree in filmmaking or a related field?
* If you have a graduate degree that is not in filmmaking, please describe the degree you earned in one phrase.
(Open Ended Question)
* Please indicate the number of years of professional experience you have in filmmaking.
* Please indicate the number of years of experience you have in teaching filmmaking or film studies as the instructor of record (not teaching or graduate assistant) at the college level, in a brick and mortar classroom.
1 semester, or 1-2 quarters
* Please indicate the number of years of experience you have teaching filmmaking or film studies online
1 semester, or 1-2 quarters
* In which filmmaking area is your primary expertise?
I have no experience in any of the above areas
* If you answered "Other area" for question 7, please describe your area in one phrase (if documentary, screenwriting, sound design or television, please apply to the other searches).
(Open Ended Question)
* Do you have graduate-level educational experience or college-level teaching experience in film and liberal studies, in one of the following areas?
Art and film
Philosophy and film
Ethics and film
Science and film
* Has your filmmaking been professionally distributed and/or broadcast?
* Has your filmmaking screened at major film festivals and/or been awarded in major contests?
Reference Contact Info
Internal Number: 108434740
About DePaul University
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us. DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.