This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to program planners and speakers and the daily room set up and delivery of audio visual equipment at the Continuing Education and Conference Center (CECC). The person in this position ensures that meeting rooms are set to requested specifications, the audio visual equipment ordered is delivered on time and technical support is provided in a timely manner. Additionally, the person may train and serve as lead to student support staff during specified shifts. Performs minor repair of equipment and recommends purchase of new equipment as needed. Some evening and weekend shifts are expected. Current shift is 11:30 am to 7:30 pm.
Sets Rooms and Provides equipment as ordered (60% of time)
1. Responsible for daily set-up of the CECC meeting rooms and audiovisual equipment during assigned shifts. 2. Delivers and supports audiovisual equipment to off-site locations as assigned. 3. Meets and assists all program planners and speakers and orients them to the operation of requested equipment during assigned shifts. 4. Troubleshoots and makes necessary physical changes to the meeting space setups. 5. Provides technical assistance to programs when equipment problems occur. 6. Functions as lead worker. Supervises and trains student staff on evenings and weekends. Operates as the Center representative on nights and weekends. 7. Directs and coordinates the video and audio capture of assigned programs. Operates video cameras, DSLR cameras, web conferencing setups and related equipment.
Administration (20% of time)
1. Reviews work orders to determine exact equipment requests in relationship to existing inventory. 2. Attends staff meetings and meets with UDS manager. 3. Finalizes and processes work orders (billing). Incorporates all UDS food charges and verifies food and meeting room head counts. Ensures that all equipment is accounted for and correctly charged for on the invoice and forwards the invoice to CCE Finance in a timely manner. 4. Prepares and schedules events on digital signage system.
Building and Equipment Maintenance (15% of time)
1. Troubleshoots and performs technical maintenance support during assigned shifts and makes recommendations for technical solutions. 2. Monitors and performs quality control checks on all audiovisual and related equipment during assigned shifts. 3. Maintains inventory of equipment and consumables. 4. Provides light maintenance at the center as needed, to include vacuuming, re-stocking, general cleaning and snow removal.
Video/Audio/Web Conferencing (5% of time)
1. Sets up video and web conferencing equipment for capture/streaming and operates equipment for events. 2. Captures audio of events as needed, edits as needed. 3. Has strong working knowledge of video and web conferencing setups and equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of work experience in the operation and maintenance of audio visual equipment.
- Knowledge and proven work with HD video cameras and DSLR still cameras.
- Knowledge of sound boards, mixers and microphone systems.
- Experience with online meeting and video conferencing software.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and lead a team of students.
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere/Photoshop with portfolio of examples.
- Familiarity with both Windows/Mac operating systems and ability to effectively use Microsoft Office software in a business network setting.
- Ability to troubleshoot resolution/display issues and LCD projectors.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Availability to work on evenings and weekends
- Coursework or certification in communications, audio, or other technical area.
- At least two years of experience setting up and operating a variety of audio visual and communication equipment.
- At least one year of experience in providing excellent customer service in a conference services or events setting.
- Experience and working knowledge of conference services in a higher education environment.
- Familiarity with reservation/event software.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Internal Number: 329224
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.