· Contribute to activities in support of firm culture.
· Articulate workflow needs to Project Manager.
· Understand and meet project schedules and fee budgets.
· Work with Project Manager/Principal to develop project schedules and budgets.
· Understand project design objectives, goals, and milestones.
· Communicate and coordinate with project consultants.
· Manage and organize project files.
· Assist in development and production of project specifications.
· Assist in construction administration.
· Review project status with Project Manager.
· Manage small projects.
· Develop and maintain client relationships through professional and social opportunities.
· Assist the Project Manager with communications with clients regarding status throughout the project.
· Represent the firm in the community through involvement in professional and civic organizations and boards.
· Registered Architect or in the process of obtaining license.
· Strong technical, detail skills, and design skills.
· Understanding of building codes and approval process, as well as understanding building construction and building processes.
· Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Strong collaborator. Open to ideas of others.
· Strong communication skills – written, verbal, graphic.
· Strong social skills.
· Highly organized.
· Exceptional work ethic
· Ability to work on more than one project at a time.
Hey – you know you have the experience we need, but what about the je ne sais quoi?
We like to mix fun with work. Sometimes, this might be brewing beer or burning stuff with a flame thrower. And it might also look like playing badminton inside the lobby of our train station office in preparation of hosting the Covington’s largest (ok … only) badminton tournament now in its sixth year. Sometimes it’s sitting around talking about the sound different shapes make or talking about the characters of our favorite TV series… or saying (ok…yelling) “WHAT IS THIS…KNOTTY PINE???!!!!”
We also pride ourselves on our community involvement and that sometimes includes making pallet furniture, or murals, or rock gardens, or a movie theater powered by four bicycles that fits in a parking space. Or might be having lunch with our neighbors and learning about the cool stuff they’re doing. It might also be inviting everyone over to look at the latest installation of our art wall, and then drinking beer and playing cards.
Think you’re a good fit? We’re a small office looking for a couple of people that will fit in with our awesome crew. Tell us about yourself.
About Hub+Weber Architects, PLC
We are more than sketches and renderings. We are more than construction documents and site evaluation. We are creative problem solvers. We know that it's more than just a building to our clients. That is why we build relationships. That is why we get to know our clients, contractors, consultants, and communities. Because our product is more than just a piece of paper. More than a building, it is building.Our StoryIt was way back in 1973 that our doors first opened on Pike Street in Covington, Kentucky. In time, our vision and ambition outgrew that space and we settled in for the following two and a half decades on Greenup Street, building relationships within the community. In 2012, we returned to Pike Street to make our mark on the old train station. A new start in a historic building. Youthful energy for Covington's oldest architecture firm.We are a team of professionals, serious about design and providing excellent services to our clients. We promote an atmosphere within our office of camaraderie and tomfoolery, opening up the space for creativity. It is in this spirit that we deliver on our promise to our clients. Because that's just how we roll.