This is a full-time role with Vanderbilt University Medical Center Health IT and offers a comprehensive benefits package, challenge and an opportunity to join a highly collaborative team dedicated to patient outcome.
For immediate consideration, your background should include:
8-10 years Project Management experience in healthcare settings
Significant experience managing large, multi-functional project teams
Coordinates and oversees all phases of the project.
Ensure timely completion of tasks in line with project objectives.
Provide customers and leadership support through project management.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PROJECT COMMUNICATIONS (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates the uppermost levels of expertise in conducting project communications in challenging and complex situations. Demonstrates ability to deliver complicated information effectively and efficiently, selecting the appropriate message for the audience. Facilitates open communication across functions and within unit. Able to highlight and emphasize major ideas, issues and points dramatically and effectively. Often takes a lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to communicate critical project information. Consistently delivers project communications products and services in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others. Contributes in the development of project communications best practices for the organization.
PROJECT COORDINATION - (ADVANCED):- Manages interdependencies among multiple related and unrelated projects whose coordinated delivery is required to achieve higher organizational objectives. Identifies opportunities for cross-discipline participation. Develops and documents project policies and procedures. Manages the overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of major project efforts, ensuring that project goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope, and resource requirements. Contributes to the development of Project Coordination best practices for the organization.
PROJECT ISSUES MANAGEMENT (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates the uppermost levels of expertise in resolving project issues in challenging and complex situations. Often takes a lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to resolve high priority issues. Manages internal and external project issues in a way that bring disparate resources together to resolve issues and complete action items that contribute to the success of the project. Consistently delivers solutions in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others. Contributes in the development of best practices for Issues Management for the organization.
PROJECT PLANNING - (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates ability to forecast resource needs, identify and break work down into discrete and measurable tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, prepare acceptance criteria and organize work for large, complex projects requiring diverse functions and/or operations. Continuously monitors and follows up on buyins and commitments. Competently handles multiple projects simultaneously, balancing and scheduling tasks requiring dependencies and those which can be accomplished independently. Accurately estimates and plans complex projects and assignments. Maintains perspective between the overall picture and the details. Is proficient in the advanced features of project management tools.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.