Prudential PLC intends to demerge M&G Prudential and the latter needs a Corporate Events Manager to help support M&G Prudential's obligations as an independent listed business and ensure the smooth operation of the Corporate Affairs function and the service it provides to the business. This role will deliver a and manage a wide range of bespoke corporate events to an extremely high standard for both internal and external stakeholders.
Whilst the business is primarily UK based, the scope of the role is global and covers the existing footprint of the business in Europe, Asia and US and will be accountable for providing support globally as required.
· Manage all corporate events and hospitality including planning, logistics and on-site delivery
· Manage relationships with event agencies and other suppliers, ensuring a high standard of operational delivery
· Maximise the value of hospitality packages and corporate sponsorships
· Plan, develop and manage the logistics and successful delivery of corporate events including Board and senior management conferences/events, and other external and internal receptions
· Work closely with Company Secretariat and other functions in preparing the logistics and on-site delivery of the Annual General Meeting
· Work closely with Investor Relations to support the successful delivery of Full Year and Half Year Results presentations to analysts
· Produce and deliver briefings and personalised schedules for all senior management and executive hosts as required for each event
· Deliver other bespoke events for executives as required
· Support the organisation of any international delegation visits to London by agents/partners
· Provide advice, support and direction to other departments as required in organising smaller scale events
· Manage sponsorship hospitality programmes for executives including ticketing, catering, logistics, briefings and on-site management of suppliers
· Manage and develop the ongoing events capability of Corporate Affairs; assessing resourcing requirements, refining responsibilities/procedures to deliver consistently high quality results
· Negotiate and manage budgets with events suppliers to ensure they deliver agreed service levels
· Provide advice on customer-facing events to ensure that their look and feel adhere to brand guidelines eg.sales/adviser conferences and product launches.
· Understanding of the M&G Prudential business, brand, people and customer strategies.
· Commercially focused with experience of ensuring events are delivered within agreed budgets.
· Proven knowledge of event and project management.
· Strong external network with relevant external partners and peers in other organisations.
· Extensive experience of managing large and complex events, logistics, budgets and delivery
· Track record of building close partnerships with executive and senior leader stakeholders and being able to influence effectively, have challenging conversations and navigate associated organisation politics.
· Experience of successfully implementing large/complex programmes of work and managing difficult situations.
· Experience of managing workload and competing priorities and demonstrating measurable outcomes and achievements.
· Methodical approach to work with an eye for detail and excellent organisational skills.
· Ability to work effectively within a complex and ambiguous environment.
· Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
· Exceptional ability to develop positive relationships with internal and external partners, build consensus and prioritise action and results.
· Critical and structured thinker with problem-solving abilities.
· Collaborative, flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure.
· Relevant degree or equivalent practical experience.
Internal Number: 5619161
About Prudential plc
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.