· Act as a tax / information reporting specialist to execute the FATCA advisory/rollout, Systems conversions/rollouts.
· Support Group manager in supervising the unit and facing off to business partners and clients where required.
· Migration of work into our centralized hub
· Develop "Go To" processes and implement appropriate procedures/ controls to ensure consistent compliance with Information Reporting and FATCA requirements
· Support FRO's Service Delivery / Engagement model with client constituency and other key stakeholders
· Identify and participate in process reengineering and redesign to achieve better controls, compliance and efficiency
· Support audits with IRS and Internal Audit (IA), and any other special audits.
· Participate in self-assessment testing, MCA, SOX controls as well as any audits with IRS or company IA.
· Ensure tight controls over owned processes to include key controls and Continuity of Business.
· Review, validate and process W-8 and W-9 tax forms and related documentation according to IRS Chapter 3, chapter 61 and FATCA regulations
· Support Technology projects from a technical tax perspective.
· Contribute towards departmental requirement to adhere to strict regulatory and compliance requirements, per IRS and company policy.
· Perform reviews of written tax policy and procedures, research and respond to inquiries from operational areas.
· Opportunity to develop valuable Supervisory and SME knowledge within a dynamic business, in a large and varied Operations environment
· Exposure to Clients, Product and alternative groups within Securities Operations and Asset Servicing.
· Growth business area. The department has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years.
· Exposure to multiple business lines across Finance Risk Shares Services.
Relevant work experience
Desired Skill set:
1. Understanding of U.S. tax information reporting requirements applicable to products issued by retail, institutional custody, markets and private bank businesses.
2. Understanding of U.S. tax information rules applicable to U.S. Persons and non-U.S. Persons 3. Understanding and working knowledge of IRS Forms W-9 and W-8 and their associated requirements; Forms 1098, 1099 series, and 1042-S; Forms 945 and 1042 4. Knowledge of FATCA regulations, inter-governmental agreements and associated reporting requirements 5. Excellent communication skills to drive engagement and close interactions with key stakeholders. Advisory services for both internal and external clients 6. Liaise with Corporate Tax for complex tax advisory inquiries and policy requirements 7. Ability to examine processes and procedures, experience with Process Re-engineering, Re-design and Process Automation is preferred 8. Ability to act as a change agent for organizational and product transformational initiatives 9. Project Management experience preferred and strong organizational skills a must 10. Well versed in standard desktop technology with advanced Excel skills. Visio and Access experience preferred 11. Ability to interact with all levels of internal customers and senior management.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Internal Number: 5614842
About Trevose Partners Limited
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.
BACK TO TOP
MPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MPA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MPA Career Center.