Reporting to the Associate Director of Digital Content, the Digital Content Specialist is responsible for daily content management of Molloy College’s website (www.molloy.edu), updating content for compliance with WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards, regular SEO activities, daily internal news updates to the College community and content uploads and maintenance of the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system for the marketing, communications, advancement and admissions departments of the college. Based on a clear understanding of institutional goals and campaigns, this individual will catalog a database of editorial, still image and video assets that are shared among a number of departments. The Specialist will work with the Associate Director and department leads to review and optimize website content, and will play a critical role in the managing content for a complete overhaul of the College’s website. This individual is an integral member of the Strategic and Digital Communications Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage daily content input for Molloy College website. Create and distribute daily college news, which entails excellent communication with departments throughout the college for calendar updates, events and breaking news.
• Upload, tag and monitor content for the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system. Train colleagues in correct use of DAM.
• Stay up-to-date with developments in higher education website content strategy to help generate new ideas and approaches to reaching identified stakeholders. Monitor competitor websites.
• Apply best practices to website content for SEO.
• Update all content to achieve WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards.
• Inform constituents of, and ensure compliance with, Americans with Disabilities Act, copyright and data privacy protection laws.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in English, Journalism, Marketing or related field, or relevant experience.
• One to two years’ experience in Content Management, Digital and/or Traditional Marketing, or proven relevant experience.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills.Creative ability to produce interesting ideas for new content. Attention to detail. Strong collaborator who enjoys working as part of a team, but can manage independent assignments and deadlines. Good organizational and time-management skills.
• Experience with Content Management Systems, knowledge of HTML and web publishing.
• Understanding of and experience implementing SEO and web traffic metrics.
• Demonstrate and maintain awareness and understanding of current trends website development.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Office of Human Resources, Molloy College 1000 Hempstead Ave. Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About Molloy College
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.