School of Medicine-RC - United States-Pennsylvania - (19001519)
The Infectious Diseases Center for Antibody Therapeutics (CAT) had an exciting opportunity for anti-Cancer Therapeutic Preclinical Development Program Manager to be part of a unique and dynamic group of scientists that work on innovative research in cancer treatment and cure.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordination of research in support of the development of antibody-based candidate therapeutics.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
(1) Creating and updating the CAT quality management plan and standard operating procedures
(2) Establishing installation, operational, and performance qualification (IQ, OQ, and PQ) of facilities, instrumentation, and software
(3) Ensuring training records for all personnel are current and maintained
(4) Overseeing control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) procedures
(5) Establishing and maintaining documentation and archival process for laboratory documents, results and records
(6) Establishing a sample management system
(7) Conducting periodic gap analyses including resolution and documentation of corrective actions
(8) Coordination of activities with outside organizations including obtaining cancer-related samples, development of protocols for using those samples, and continuing interactions with CAT collaborators
(9) Overseeing preparation and keeping good laboratory notebooks in compliance with intellectual property protection
The incumbent will be also responsible for tracking submission timelines for essential reports and documents, reviewing study documents and reports to ensure that submissions meet required quality levels and managing document edits, version changes, response documents, and proofreading and finalizing submissions.
The ideal candidate will have formal experience in scientific program managing. The incumbent will also have excellent organizational skills including meticulous attention to detail, strong writing and communication skills, and enthusiasm for cancer research.
A minimum of a Master's degree but preferably PhD is required. Prior laboratory experience in molecular biology and/or immunology is preferred.
Substitution of equivalent education and experience will be considered.
Assignment Category: Fulltime-Regular
Job Classification: Staff.Research.V
Minimum Education Level Required: Master's
Minimum Experience Level Required: 5-6 years experience
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Hiring Range: TBD Based on qualifications
Relocation Offered: No
Visa Sponsorship Provided: No
Background Check: For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Child Protection Clearances: Not Applicable
Required Documents: Resume, Cover Letter
Internal Number: 19001519
About University of Pittsburgh
Founded in 1787, the same year the U.S. Constitution was signed, the University of Pittsburgh is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. One of three state-related research universities in Pennsylvania, Pitt is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which comprises 62 preeminent doctorate-granting research institutions in North America.Pitt faculty members have expanded knowledge in the humanities and sciences, earning such prestigious honors as the National Medal of Science, the MacArthur Foundation’s “genius” grant, the Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award, and election to the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine. Pitt scientists have defeated polio, unlocked the secrets of DNA, lead the world in organ transplantation, and pioneered TV and heavier-than-air flight, among numerous other accomplishments.Pitt students have earned Rhodes, Goldwater, Marshall, and Truman Scholarships, among other highly competitive national and international scholarships.Alumni have pioneered MRI and TV, won Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes, led corporations and universities, served in government and the military, conquered Hollywood and The New York Times bestsellers list, and won Super Bowls and NBA championships.