Faegre Baker Daniels has an opportunity for an E-Discovery Consultant to work with our Client Technology Solutions team in our Minneapolis office. You will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to utilizing legal training and experience to ensure the provision of recognizably superior electronic discovery and ESI counseling and consulting. This position will work with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients.
What you would do in this job:
• Consult with clients and legal teams regarding the development and implementation of practices that increase efficiency, reduce duplicative efforts, mitigate risk, ensure consistency across matters, and position clients to comply cost-effectively with discovery obligations
• Perform data collections, but not exclusively, in the following environments:
o ESI on servers and hard drives (both remote and in person)
o Office 365 and Microsoft Outlook
o Web-based email accounts (e.g. Gmail and similar products)
o Website/SharePoint/social media capture
o Mobile devices
• Design matter-specific discovery plans that identify efficiencies across the workflow, contain costs, and enhance defensibility
• Serve as discovery liaison between legal teams and client stakeholders
• Prepare internal documentation memorializing specific discovery plans and follow chain of custody protocols
• Support discovery efforts, including declarations, affidavits and memoranda in support of or opposition to discovery motions
• Consult with clients and legal teams regarding digital forensics
• Engage and supervise e-discovery vendors to perform data collection and forensics work where appropriate
• Create, maintain and update best practices documentation and model documents available internally
• Participate in the development and delivery of firm-wide e-discovery educational curriculum
• Other projects and duties, as assigned
• Strong commitment to client service • Exceptional consulting abilities, including listening, analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills • Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience • Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including cross-office • Ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of legal teams and clients • Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects successfully at one time • Ability to problem solve and use sound judgement • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills • Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a strong sense of urgency • Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment • Positive and professional demeanor
• Paid time for firm-sponsored volunteer events • 37.5-hour work week with a one-hour lunch break • Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their fields • Variety of health plan options, as well as dental and vision plans • Generous paid time off • Dress-for-your-day dress code • Ergonomic sit-stand desks for a comfortable and healthy work environment • A newly-renovated collaborative working space • On-site wellness and fitness programs, including membership discounts at the STEELE Fitness gym in the building • Access to a rooftop garden for some sunshine during work hours • A centralized “Town Hall” area with a wide selection of vending and seating for lunch breaks and casual group meetings
• Bachelor’s degree required; law degree with license, in good standing, to practice law in one of the firm’s principal jurisdictions (CO, IA, IL, IN, MN) preferred
• 5+ years of experience performing and/or supervising ESI collections using software tools
• 3+ years of experience working with litigation-specific processing, indexing and document review applications
• Proficiency with industry standard collection and forensic applications
• Knowledge of the technical aspects of systems and storage, including emerging technologies that deploy cloud-based platforms
• ACEDS Certification preferred
• Certifications preferred in any or all of the following specific collection and digit forensics platforms: EnCase, AccessData/FTK, Cellebrite, Office365, SANS, GCFE, CFCE, GCFA, CCE, GASF, etc.
About Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
Faegre Baker Daniels is dedicated to serving the legal needs of local, national, and international businesses. From offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and China, our staff of more than 1600 lawyers, consultants, paraprofessionals, administrative and operations professionals provide the expertise necessary to solve complex business challenges and work together to provide an exceptional experience for our clients.
BACK TO TOP
MPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MPA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MPA Career Center.