John Randolph Medical Center is a community hospital serving Virginia's Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and surrounding communities since 1915. At our hospital, you can access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in larger medical centers, alongside high quality, expert care and a welcoming environment .
The Radiology Registration Representative PRN will perform the following duties:
· Greets patients/customers professionally and cordially.
· Keys appropriate information into Meditech Information System to provide requisitions to work areas. Telephones each area as patients arrive.
· Answers telephone professionally and efficiently, providing appropriate information to caller. Records accurate messages and distributes as required.
· Prepares files for loan, accurately completing loan out information in Meditech. Upon return of files, accurately completes log in information and replaces in file room.
· Retrieves files for next day scheduled procedures and distributes to appropriate areas.
· Provides procedure preparation instructions to patients along with the appropriate preparatory agents or oral contrast media as required for specific studies. Maintains accurate contrast logs and provides patient information sheets as needed. Dispenses contrast according to Department protocol.
· Retrieves files from file rooms, radiologists' offices. Replaces files to appropriate area.
· Maintains radiology files, CD logs and burns CD's as needed.
· Has working knowledge of PACS, PACSCube, Powerscribe and Digitizer etc.
· Retrieves and copies films for legal and medical purposes.
· Maintains work area in a clean and organized manner.
· Assists co workers and supervisor with inventory control.
· Various other duties as assigned
HOURS: Monday Friday: 3:00 PM 8:00 PM, and rotating weekends
Required One year office and computer experience.
Preferred Two years experience as full service secretary; telephone, fax, computer skills.
Required High school graduate. Completion of basic computer course.
Preferred Graduate of accredited secretarial school. Successful completion of formal computer
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.