1. Under direction of the Senior Director of Patient Services, provide oversight of day-to-day operations at health centers providing family planning and abortion services.
2. Assume responsibility for the achievement of operating and fiscal goals at centers.
3. Develop annual strategic and operational plans in conjunction with managers in region; assist managers in developing and implementing these plans within their sites.
4. Hire, coach, supervise and evaluate health center managers; develop managers to facilitate the effective management, sustained productivity, and financial solvency of health centers.
5. Serve as a resource to managers and maintain close working knowledge of community issues and center/program operations regarding visits, service and financial trends and customer satisfaction; support managers in effectively managing opportunities in these areas.
6. Assume responsibility for Title X program, specifically: monitor Title X spend-down, manage Title X audit, and collaborate with Medical Services Coordinator on Title X grant proposal.
7. Promote identification of needs and problem solving within and between regions; identify areas to integrate and improve program management, clinic operations and systems.
8. Ensure on-going quality assurance systems and activities that simultaneously respect current medical practices, Planned Parenthood Federation of America standards, and reflect a marketing/customer satisfaction orientation.
9. Monitor the implementation of agency medical protocols that simultaneously respect current medical practices, Planned Parenthood Federation of America standards, and reflect a marketing/customer satisfaction orientation.
10. Oversee implementation of multiple projects/programs and new services within the area.
11. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self-determination, and stewardship; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
1. Achieve customer-related service and fiscal goals through direct supervision and leadership of the regional health center staff.
2. Administer the medical program within region to: a. achieve agency goals in terms of numbers of patients served and net financial contribution from operations; b. increase program efficacy through increased customer satisfaction and retention; c. meet internal, PPFA, and governmental standards for quality, quality assurance, and risk management; d. cultivate in staff an understanding and support of agency goals, and the primary desire to participate in the achievement of these goals.
3. Through direct supervision, enable Health Center Managers to independently: a. identify and meet customer needs within fiscal parameters; b. develop and manage annual operating plans and budgets; c. provide consistent, empowering, and motivating personnel supervision; d. observe, describe, and resolve emerging problems; e. observe, describe, and successfully develop opportunities to improve operations and fiscal performance; f. observe, describe, and propose new programs/services as well as program improvements.
4) Monitor and maintain statistical data and performance reports as needed for PPIL, PPFA, and private and public funding sources.
5) Implement all family planning program medical protocols; in collaboration with Associate Medical Director ensure that medical practices are developed and implemented to achieve customer satisfaction as well as to reflect current medical standards.
6) Assure that health center managers effectively manage their financial resources, including administration of clinic and program budgets; assure that financial, service statistics, and other reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
7) In conjunction with managers in service area, develop budget as part of the affiliate budget process, monitor financial statements on a regular basis and make necessary adjustments.
8) Work with PPIL training staff and other departments to ensure that staff is trained and in compliance with affiliate and regulatory requirements.
7) Represent PPIL at local, state and national meetings.
8) Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel and reach. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Supervisor: Senior Director of Patient Services
Status: Full time, exempt from the overtime provisions of the wage and salary regulations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, with course work in administration or marketing desirable. Masters degree or equivalent experience preferred. Medical/clinical background highly desirable.
Minimum 5 years managerial experience in health care. Experience with developing, implementing, and evaluating annual and long-term operating and fiscal plans. Demonstrated abilities in personnel and program development and management. History of successful budget development and management and experience in troubleshooting health center issues (staffing, systems, training, flow, scheduling, finances, etc.)
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills. High energy level and ability to foster team work both in the health centers and as an integral part of the PPIL management team. Ability to balance strong mission/business focus. Creativity, initiative, and decision-making skills. Strategic, big-picture thinking necessary. Must be willing to maintain a flexible work schedule including evening and weekend hours and local travel.
Planned Parenthood works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff based on factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, income, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
About Planned Parenthood of Illinois
We are a trusted health care provider, an informed educator and a passionate advocate. Planned Parenthood of Illinois' 17 health centers throughout the state deliver vital health care services, sex education, and sexual health information to more than 60,000 women and families each year.
For nearly 90 years, building healthy communities has been Planned Parenthood's mission. Everyday, Planned Parenthood of Illinois helps all kinds of people get the health tools and information—and above all the care and compassion they need—to prevent unintended pregnancies or to plan for families when they are ready.