Posting Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Chief Risk Officer (CRO), the Director of Finance and Operations serves as key strategist with the CRO in initiating and developing new strategic directions, long- and short-range plans and innovative initiatives. The Director is responsible for ensuring the Risk Services programs, projects and operating practices are aligned with the group's mission and effectively support realization of the goals and objectives. The Director must be a seasoned leader capable of facilitating strategy development, directing operational activities and project teams. The position requires strong communications, collaboration, problem-solving, facilitation, and relationship management skills in order to develop and maintain the organizational alignment and engagements needed to effectively execute the organization's strategic roadmap and operations.
Special Conditions of Employment: Travel Travel outside of normal business hours
Other Special Conditions of Employment: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position.
Job Close Date:
Duty 1: 1. Serve as Chief of Staff to UC Chief Risk Officer & Deputy Chief Risk Officer to ensure effective execution of team's activities and day to day operations.
2. Manage group's operating budget to include annual expense and resource planning as well as reconciliation of invoices to ensure appropriate allocation and utilization of resources and funds.
3. Lead strategic planning activities for UCOP Risk Services to identify and align opportunities, priorities, resources and implementation plans on behalf of Risk Services.
4. Partner with Legal, HR, Finance and other key groups to ensure Risk Services requirements and needs are addressed and business operations are aligned with University policies and procedures.
5. Recruit, hire, direct and develop the talent and resources needed to manage and execute unit's functions and responsibilities; resource management responsibilities may include oversight of contractors or consultant engagements. Function:Business Operations Percent: 50
Duty 2: Oversee the development of strategic programs and their implementation roadmap in support of established goals and objectives
1. Partner with project owners to appropriately scope and plan program delivery and ensure success.
2. Direct internal and external resources for project management, analysis, and related support functions to ensure effective management of approved programs and projects.
3. Stay apprised of and manage the resolution of escalated program risks and issues.
4. Establish and manage standard practices for program management within UC Risk Services to include project initiation, funding, resource allocation and planning, status reporting, and risks and issues management. Function:Strategic Programs Planning & Oversight Percent: 25
Duty 3: 1. Manage group's extensive financial accounting for Risk Services related programs.
2. Develop and implement funding requirements working with the CRO, Executive Directors and external actuaries.
3. Manage audits and financial reporting for University reports, federal, state and any other entity requiring an audit. Function:Financial Operations Percent: 25
Job Requirements Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Minimum of 10 years experience in directly managing the operational and budgetary components of the organization.
Advanced knowledge of the organization's processes, protocols and procedures.
Advanced skills the management of Risk financing programs.
Development, implementation and evaluation of cost allocation accounting system and methodologies for Risk Services including insurance premiums and the costs of the self-insured risk programs and related expenses.
Sound strategic-thinking and consulting skills in guiding the organization toward workable strategies and solutions.
Ability to coach, facilitate and influence people at all levels and the ability to build and maintain relationships with a broad range of staff and members of the community. Required
About us The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the corporate headquarters to the ten campuses, five medical centers and three Department of Energy National Labs and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About University of California Office of the President
The Office of the President is the systemwide headquarters of the University of California, managing its fiscal and business operations and supporting the academic and research missions across its campuses, labs and medical centers.