Position Summary: Under the direction of the Library Circulation Supervisor, the Circulation Technician assists in the daily operations and management of Law Library Circulation. Public services duties include assisting students, faculty, staff, and community members with readyreference questions, circulating materials, and performing resource sharing functions (e.g., Interlibrary Loan and inter-consortia lending). Daily operations and management duties include training and supervising student workers, coordinating the Idaho Supreme Court Records & Briefs database which includes creating metadata for the collection and preparing documents for digitization, assisting in receipt, circulation, and management of library materials, and other duties as assigned.
- Some college or 1-2 years of library experience and knowledge of academic library operations.
- Demonstrate or provide a history of the following abilities: use of standard computer applications, effective communication with supervisors and peers, ability to work both independently and cooperatively, ability to read, understand, and follow complex department procedures and workflows, ability to work adapt to a flexible environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, especially Excel.
- Bachelors degree or additional years of library experience beyond the minimum.
- Experience staffing a library circulation desk.
- Experience with integrated library systems, specifically Alma and Primo.
- Experience working with large data sets in Excel.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: - Some lifting, reaching, stretching, pushing, and pulling. - Ability to lift and/or otherwise move 50 pounds. - Ability to works nights and weekends and adapt schedule depending on academic and law library schedule.
Posting Number: SP002074P
Posting Date: 01/28/2019
Closing Date: 2/18/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.