School of Nursing-RC - United States-Pennsylvania - (19001421)
The University of Pittsburgh Department of Health Promotion & Development is seeking a qualified Research Project Director/Study Coordinator.
The Project Director will be responsible for managing staff and overseeing the day-to-day operations of multiple, simultaneous studies addressing breastfeeding support in clinical and community settings. This position requires excellent organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, with flexibility in assuming assignments, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team Project direction responsibilities (under direction of the PI) include:
1) interviewing/managing/ supervising/coordinating study personnel and participating in/leading project team meetings
2) developing and maintaining study procedures, training manuals, and research support materials, both electronic and paper-based
3) collaborating with PI on conceptual project design and details of implementation
4) managing and maintaining regulatory, grants/administrative, and clinical requirements and documentation related to the study
5) assisting in new IRB submissions and modifications
6) developing professional relationships and communicating with leadership and staff in clinical recruitment site(s) to address any study-related concerns and provide information on study status, progress, and changes
7) overseeing and participating in participant screening, randomization, consenting, enrolling, scheduling, data collection (including participant interviews and questionnaires), data entry, data management, verification/auditing, and intervention fidelity monitoring
8) assisting in budget maintenance by ordering materials and supplies, monitoring budget expenditures, and maintaining budgetary records
9) assisting in data preparation for analysis and data analysis using statistical software
10) participating in the preparation of progress and final reports, scientific presentations and publications
Masters or PhD preferred. Has knowledge of the research process, study coordination, budgeting, Institutional Review Board, informed consent, and other ethical issues as they pertain to research, particularly a study involving maternal or newborn health or breastfeeding. Has at least 2-3 years of clinical experience as a project manager. Has experience in coordinating clinical research studies; recruiting subjects; monitoring budgets; use of the Vincent reimbursement system, writing Institutional Review Board submissions and renewals using the OSIRIS system; obtaining informed consent; interviewing subjects; and collecting, coding, entering, verifying, cleaning, and editing data. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and time management skills are required. Basic computer literacy and skillful with Microsoft Office software (word processing, data management, and presentation programs) and RedCap for automated data entry/verification is necessary. The following are desirable attributes of the candidate: experience with project management software, SPSS, and Atlas Ti (qualitative coding); experience conducting and analyzing qualitative interviews; experience with data extraction from UPMC electronic medical records including Cerner/e-Record and Epic; clinical research experience in populations of pregnant women, new mothers, and newborns. No requirement. Lactation Counselor or IBCLC credentials desirable.
Assignment Category: Fulltime-Regular
Job Classification: Staff.Research.IV
Minimum Education Level Required: Baccalaureate
Minimum Experience Level Required: 3-5 years experience
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
Hiring Range: $30,732.00 - $49,296.00
Relocation Offered: No
Visa Sponsorship Provided: No
Background Check: For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Child Protection Clearances: The following PA Act 153 clearances and background checks may be required prior to commencement of employment and as a condition of continued employment: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance.
Preferred Documents: Resume, Cover Letter
Internal Number: 19001421
About University of Pittsburgh
Founded in 1787, the same year the U.S. Constitution was signed, the University of Pittsburgh is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. One of three state-related research universities in Pennsylvania, Pitt is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which comprises 62 preeminent doctorate-granting research institutions in North America.
Pitt faculty members have expanded knowledge in the humanities and sciences, earning such prestigious honors as the National Medal of Science, the MacArthur Foundation’s “genius” grant, the Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award, and election to the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine. Pitt scientists have defeated polio, unlocked the secrets of DNA, lead the world in organ transplantation, and pioneered TV and heavier-than-air flight, among numerous other accomplishments.
Pitt students have earned Rhodes, Goldwater, Marshall, and Truman Scholarships, among other highly competitive national and international scholarships.
Alumni have pioneered MRI and TV, won Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes, led corporations and universities, served in government and the military..., conquered Hollywood and The New York Times bestsellers list, and won Super Bowls and NBA championships.