IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a Senior Job Captain for our Atlanta office. The Senior Job Captain, while working under general supervision of a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager, provides design support primarily in project administration, design development and contract documents.
Specific responsibilities will include:
•Observation and reporting of active construction projects
•Attend and contribute to construction progress meetings
•Review and respond to contractor’s submittals and requests for information
•Coordinate work of consultants and owner vendors during the construction phase
•Regularly communicate with owner, project manager and contractor on construction matters
•Manage and coordinate changes in the work including preparation of change documents utilizing Revit model
•Collaborate with the project manager and other members of the design team
• Graduate of architecture or design school: equivalent experience may be substituted
• 8+ years’ experience in corporate interior design projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of design principles and standards
• Intermediate documentation and field observational skills
• Advanced interior architecture detailing skills
• Working knowledge of CDs and procedures
• Working knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements
• Working knowledge of space requirements
• Working knowledge of contract administration
• Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
• Advanced Revit skills required
• Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills
• Affinity Program skills or equivalent
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate presentation and graphic communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead junior staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise
For the majority of the time the Senior Job Captain will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
Interior Architects, Inc. (IA) provides equal opportunity in all aspects of recruitment and employment to all persons without regard to their race, color, creed, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunities.
Internal Number: 1619
About IA Interior Architects
IA Interior Architects is the largest global architectural firm to concentrate exclusively on interior architecture. Our focus on interiors drove the creation of the company and continues to be our driving force today. We offer our clients unique benefits that come from our specialized focus and global resources.