The primary purpose of the Program Administrator position is to oversee day-to-day administrative operations of the clinical enterprise of Radiation Oncology. This includes, but is not limited to, proactive engagement and anticipation of clinical faculty needs, human resource management of staff, special projects management including value based reimbursement programs, and outreach to and liaison with stakeholders within and external to the University.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
1. Participates in short and long range planning for clinical enterprise by identifying needs and providing department leadership with relevant information.
3. Manages, trains and supervises non-clinical staff assigned to clinical enterprise. Ensures excellent and appropriate administrative support to clinical faculty.
4. Develops effective procedures and manage all administrative aspects of the physician practice including but not limited to efficient and accurate scheduling of physician coverage at all clinical locations and preparation of various clinical productivity metrics for review.
7. In conjunction with department leadership, develops policies, workflows, training materials and benchmark reporting tools to achieve value based payment goals for each physician practice location.
8. Participates in handling matters with University staff, University and Hospital administrators, internal and external agencies, government and state officials and the public related to the department’s clinical enterprise. Handles matters deemed appropriate by the Senior Director.
9. Identifies program deficiencies and brings Cancer Institute of New Jersey resources to assist in correcting such deficiencies.
10. Manages special projects as assigned. Assists in monitoring the attainment of overall goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field, plus four (4) years of responsible experience in an academic or large business environment. Superior organizational skills with the ability to manage numerous projects and people simultaneously. Outstanding human relations and leadership skills, and the ability to function in a team environment are required. Knowledge of how to accomplish superior performance in a unionized environment is preferred. Effective oral and written communication skills. Must be computer literate with proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Equivalent education, experience and/or training may be substituted for the degree requirements.
Internal Number: 19ST1366
About Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
Our vision is to be a statewide, national and world leader of scientific discovery, transdisciplinary engagement, translation, patient care and education that improves outcomes for cancer patients and populations.We will accomplish this by conducting innovative basic, clinical and population research and cutting-edge patient-centered care that expands our understanding of the etiology and biology of cancer; facilitates the rapid translation of laboratory-based discoveries into human studies; develops new approaches and interventions for cancer prevention that decrease cancer incidence and mortality; and develops new and better therapies to decrease suffering and mortality from cancer.Curiosity and Discovery, Integrity, Collaboration, Respect and Caring, Perseverance.