The Department of Information Systems at St. Cloud State University has several full-time fixed-term positions. (1 year position, possibly renewable)
Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses as needed and contribute to achievement of department goals which include:
Providing an effective learning environment for student success,
Developing and enhancing school curriculum and programs, learning outcomes assessment and continuous improvement,
Contributing to student growth and development such as student advising,
Continuing development of professional knowledge and skills in Information Systems (IS) and Information Assurance (IA),
Serving on committees at the department, school, and university levels,
Assisting the school in maintaining accreditation: conducting student learning assessment, meeting ongoing research requirement, and serving on school accreditation committee as needed.
1. Master's degree at time of application from a regionally accredited academic program completed in a campus-based classroom program.
2. Be able to teach courses in IS and IA areas that the department needs such as Enterprise Resource Planning, Data Analytics, Project Management, IT Strategy Management, Human-Computer Interaction, Enterprise Architecture, IT Security and Risk Management, Computer Forensics, Unix Operating Systems, Decision Support Systems, Client/Server Security, Database, Systems Analysis and Design, Quantum Computing, Programming, Business Statistics, and/or IT Infrastructure.
3. Ability to teach and work effectively with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds, including students, departmental colleagues and others in the university and business community as demonstrated by experience or collaborative projects
1. Ph. D in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Information Assurance from an AACSB or other nationally accredited academic program.
2. Willingness to contribute to student growth and development.
A complete application will include the following:
A letter of application
Complete undergraduate and graduate transcripts (copies acceptable for initial screening)
The names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses of three current academic/professional referees who can speak to the candidate's qualifications for the position.
Review of applications begins February 28, 2019; position is open until filled.
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities and veterans. The university is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State is Dr. Ellyn Bartges. For additional information, contact the Office for Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 102.
Vehicle Notice: NOTICE : In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check. Institution: ST. CLOUD STATE UNIVERSITY Eeo Notice: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.
Internal Number: 17922
About ST. CLOUD STATE UNIVERSITY
St. Cloud State prepares students for life, work and citizenship in the 21st century. In our rigorous academic programs, students apply their knowledge in real-world settings. Our 200 academic programs, 60 graduate degrees and education abroad choices on six continents emphasize hands-on learning through community engagement and close interaction with professors. Couple that with support from the Career Services Center and you have a clear path to a career. Our 100-acre campus is between downtown St. Cloud and the Beaver Islands, a group of more than 30 islands that form a natural maze for a two-mile stretch of the Mississippi River.