Graduate School of Public Health-RC - United States-Pennsylvania - (19000620)
The University of Pittsburgh is seeking an individual to serve as Senior Administrative Associate to the Department Chair and Associate Chair.
Duties include the complex management of project management day-to-day activities, including but not limited to:
- Serving as liaison with faculty, staff, and students
- Problem-solving as appropriate
- Coordination/design and production of reports
- Presentations and class materials utilizing advanced technological software (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Desktop Publishing, etc.)
- Managing travel arrangements (national/ international) as well as managing administrative duties for the CDC-sponsored Falls Free PA/FARE Study, the LGBT International Scholars Program and oversight for a major faculty recruitment effort
Other tasks include
- Serving as the department representative for the United Way campaign
- Assuming a lead role in the organization/planning of events, conferences, and teleconferences
- Procurement of supplies, development of advertising materials, and database creation/management for research
- Teaching and related administrative tracking tasks for the Department's Chair and Associate Chairs
Three to five years of relevant, progressive University experience in an administrative/ academic setting and/or research environment. Familiarity with University processes preferred. Must have technical proficiency in the use of multiple software programs; e.g., Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and graphics/publishing. Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written) and professional demeanor are essential.
Assignment Category: Fulltime-Regular
Job Classification: Staff.Administrator.II
Minimum Education Level Required: Baccalaureate
Minimum Experience Level Required: 3-5 years experience
Work Schedule: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Hiring Range: TBD based on qualifications
Relocation Offered: No
Visa Sponsorship Provided: No
Background Check: For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Child Protection Clearances: Not Applicable
Preferred Documents: Not Applicable
Internal Number: 19000620
About University of Pittsburgh
Founded in 1787, the same year the U.S. Constitution was signed, the University of Pittsburgh is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. One of three state-related research universities in Pennsylvania, Pitt is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which comprises 62 preeminent doctorate-granting research institutions in North America.
Pitt faculty members have expanded knowledge in the humanities and sciences, earning such prestigious honors as the National Medal of Science, the MacArthur Foundation’s “genius” grant, the Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award, and election to the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine. Pitt scientists have defeated polio, unlocked the secrets of DNA, lead the world in organ transplantation, and pioneered TV and heavier-than-air flight, among numerous other accomplishments.
Pitt students have earned Rhodes, Goldwater, Marshall, and Truman Scholarships, among other highly competitive national and international scholarships.
Alumni have pioneered MRI and TV, won Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes, led corporations and universities, served in government and the military..., conquered Hollywood and The New York Times bestsellers list, and won Super Bowls and NBA championships.