St. Louis University High is a Catholic, Jesuit, college preparatory school for young men committed to its presence in the city of St. Louis and dedicated to building Christ’s kingdom of truth, justice, love and peace. Founded in 1818, the school strives to serve an economically, socially and geographically diverse student population within the St. Louis metropolitan area. Academic excellence is a trademark of the school. We seek men and women of faith proficient in their fields and committed to leading students in co-curricular and pastoral ministry activities. The school expects faculty and staff to participate in spiritual formation programs, retreats, and Ignatian formation in education and spirituality.
The person hired for this position will ...
* Preferably have a background in either college counseling or college admissions. School counseling certification is welcome but not required.
* Have a strong understanding of college admissions processes, procedures, and deadlines. Have experience and knowledge of a wide variety of colleges.
* Manage a caseload of students and guide them through the process of self-discovery, college research, and college application.
* Possess strong writing skills – both in composing formal letters of recommendation and in communication with families and students.
* Be comfortable presenting to large groups and teaching classes.
* Be willing to collaborate closely with a dynamic team of college counselors.
* Be willing to try new things, participate in professional development and help the department build a world-class college-counseling program.
A Master’s degree and relevant experience are preferred. Position is a 12-month staff position. Occasional evening or weekend programming for SLUH families is required.
Candidates will be expected to make a vibrant contribution to the school’s co-curricular program in support of our mission of the educational and spiritual formation for young men.
Please send a letter indicating your interest and briefly summarizing your qualifications and experience, along with a comprehensive resume, to Mrs. Lori Figge (email@example.com) in the Office of the Principal. Digital submissions preferred. Priority will be given to submissions received before March 1, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in St. Louis University High School.