Job no: 496191 Position type: full-time Location: Lewisburg, PA Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Athletics Technology Coordinator will implement and maintain in-house audio-visual equipment, scoreboard and timing systems, and non-Web digital assets for the Department of Athletics & Recreation. This includes installing, configuring, repairing, and operating various audio, video, computer, and media products for high profile athletic events on-campus. This person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user interface assistance where required and in coordination with L&IT/Facilities staff. In addition, this position will manage content creation for various digital video displays and formats. Finally, the Athletics Technology Coordinator will help direct the department's audio-video strategy related to event coverage, creative content, and collaboration with other key developers while serving the needs of the department's sport programs and contracted external events.
All Athletics staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Provide technology support of in-house audio-visual equipment that includes, but is not limited to, scoreboards, videoboards, timing systems, Patriot League Network streaming, video walls and messaging displays. This also includes troubleshooting any problems that may occur with equipment/software, making simple on-site repairs as appropriate, and scheduling/overseeing service repairs.
• Oversee the storage, maintenance, set-up/tear-down and operation of the Natatorium timing and scoring system for all internal and external events. This includes the management of data transfer and communications between entry submission, scoring, timing and display mechanisms.
• Review and implement plans for maintenance of equipment and acquisition, implementation, and assembly of new electronic equipment and/or technology. Manage vendor and consultant relationships as appropriate, along with serving as liaison to the L&IT staff for networking, technology, and other requirements.
• Capture, create, control, maintain. and produce video scoreboard graphics, features, and activities displayed during home events in Sojka Pavilion (M/W Basketball), Kinney Natatorium (M/W Swimming/Diving and M/W Water Polo), Davis Gym (Wrestling, Volleyball), Mathewson-Memorial Stadium (Football, M/W Lacrosse, M/W Track & Field); future display equipment installed; and external events utilizing athletic facilities.
• Serve as game-day videoboard operator/director for events in Sojka Pavilion and Christy Mathewson Memorial Stadium.
• Be on-call as necessary to respond to event support calls and to troubleshoot and correct reported problems as quickly and effectively as possible.
• Work in collaboration with the Patriot League Network for the production of streamed live events and special content. Coordinate simulcast of PLN content to in-venue video boards as necessary.
• Responsible for conceptualization and creation of video content for Bison Athletics programs which are disseminated through the Athletics venues' videoboards and message centers, Patriot League Network, program websites and other multimedia outlets.
• Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Patriot League, and institution rules that relate to this position.
Minimum Qualifications: - Bachelor's degree - Two or more years experience with technologies utilized to support event technology (e.g., scoreboards, digital signage, audiovisual control systems, computer media)
Preferred Qualifications: - Experience in athletic facility operations - Enthusiasm for learning new software tools, media equipment and game entertainment strategies is essential - Strong interest in creative problem solving, the application of emerging technological standards and providing functional, high quality services - Experience with sports video services or an appropriate substitution of general display presentation software (i.e., VISIX, vSOFT, Venus1500) - Familiarity with live television/webcast production and electronic equipment components - Basic understanding of audio and video signal flow and TCP/IP networking in relation to converged audio/video industry - Self-starter who has the ability to balance multiple tasks, produce high-quality work on tight deadlines, and be able to manage a work schedule that includes evening and weekend work
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell's 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell's beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University's main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell's surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: 07 Jan 2019 Eastern Standard Time Applications close: