At Chicago Youth Centers (CYC), we educate and support children and families so they can succeed in the 21st century. We provide the tools, experiences, and resources needed for youth ages 3-18 to persist academically and develop socially and emotionally.
We engage children early and provide services when they are most vulnerable: after school and during the summer.
We offer family engagement programs to help families guide their children during critical transitions: entering kindergarten, starting high school, and preparing for college or a career.
We build strong partnerships within communities to create a village of committed community leaders, schools, volunteers, and peer organizations dedicated to our children's success.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant /Board Liaison to work with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to provide critical support in the following areas: general office administration and coordination of board and committee meetings and other board related functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as executive support to the ELT with responsibilities that include but are not limited to: calendar and scheduling management, and organizational support;
• General administrative support functions for CYC headquarters office;
• Coordinate meetings for Board committees-as directed including the Executive Committee;
• Manage all Board meetings and communications;
• Produce correspondence and meeting minutes for all committee and Board meetings;
• Maintain the integrity of and be responsible for the content in the Board Portal;
• Facilitate any additional Board-related meetings, receptions and dinners;
• Arrange and distribute follow up communication, interim board reports, materials, surveys, analysis, etc.
• Centralized point of contact/accountability for all matters and materials related to the Board of Directors;
• Well managed meeting calendars-coordination and follow up;
• Highly trustworthy with the ability to professionally handle sensitive or confidential information;
• High School Diploma or GED required; some college is a plus;
• Highly Organized;
• Experience in a non-profit setting preferred with a demonstrated knowledge of non-profit boards and volunteers;
• Ability to provide assistance for early morning meetings and CYC functions;
• Fostering relationships with others and displaying a high level of motivation;
• Project management experience, with the proven ability to analyze, manage and determine any necessary changes for the project;
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills;
• Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills;
• Ability to manage multi-faceted projects and a capacity to perform well independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, exhibiting grace under pressure;
• Ability to utilize independent judgment and decision-making skills;
• Ability to work independently and as a team member in a very fast-paced work environment;
• Experience working across departments as well as with staff at a variety of levels to meet objectives and broader organizational needs;
• Ability to work on a variety of tasks and projects while prioritizing and meeting multiple, often concurrent deadlines;
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
• Ability to learn and master other computer technology/software programs as needed;
• Ability to lift and/or move items of up to 20 pounds.
American with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here is a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop; kneel, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work environment characteristics described here is a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. This description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification.
About Chicago Youth Centers
Chicago Youth Centers (CYC) invests in youth in undeserved communities in Chicago to help them discover and realize their full potential. Caring for Our Communities for 60 years, CYC has steadfastly served communities on the south and west sides of Chicago. Today CYC centers are in seven communities across metro Chicago. We consistently deliver programming to serve the needs of kids, parents and communities—focusing on academic achievement, social and emotional skill development and parent/family engagement. Our centers are characterized by passionate and committed staff and serve as learning centers for our kids, community resources, and safe spaces.