The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
Morgan Stanley's Liquidity Risk Department provides independent oversight of the Firm's business and activities, serving as a second line of defense to ensure the Firm retains the appropriate level of liquidity to weather material stresses.
Liquidity Risk reports to the Chief Risk Officer and is responsible for independent oversight and monitoring of the Firm's overall trading, funding, financing and banking businesses, liquidity risk limit setting, risk assessment and analysis, and management and regulatory reporting.
The role involves working alongside liquidity risk managers with a particular focus on stress test implementation, production and analysis. The dynamic nature of the role involves improving existing as well as building new processes and capabilities for the global liquidity stress testing framework. It provides exposure across different asset classes and liquidity risk functions as well as with other control groups inside Morgan Stanley.
· Take responsibility for production and verification Liquidity Stress Tests (LSTs) whilst ensuring results are accurate, complete and timely.
· Work with IT, Middle Office, Reporting and Stress Testing teams globally to implement new LSTs
· Lead projects to enhance LST infrastructure and business process
· Analyze the results of scenarios and stress tests, using knowledge of funding markets and liquidity risk exposures to interpret results.
· Provide specification for the Middle Office and Reporting teams to build better visualization and analysis tools for LSTs.
· Work with the Global Stress Testing team, Risk Analytic Strategists and IT to implement reliable and accurate liquidity stress testing methodologies across products classes and risk types.
· Suitable candidates will have an excellent academic background, including a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences, engineering or business information technology.
· Candidates should have 2-3 years of experience working within a stress testing, liquidity / funding, quantitative, risk management or technology environment.
· Candidates will be expected to show good judgment of liquidity risk and an understanding of product classes giving rise to such risk (in particular secured funding, derivative funding and prime brokerage).
· The role involves working closely with several other areas including IT, Risk Infrastructure, Model Risk and the Business Unit, therefore the candidate must be able to develop strong working relationships and be able to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally.
· Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects.
· Strong IT skills are required to facilitate data analysis; competence with SQL, R, Python, MS Excel and VBA is required
For more information and to apply, please visit our website and upload your English CV https://ms.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=3124825 here .
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Internal Number: 5237154
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.